upgrade to premium

by Tobetho

Original Post

Accepted Solution

upgrade to premium

★★ Novice

Hello, I am getting a headache of trying to google the solution, because I can't find a optimal answer.

The problem is that I already have the base game of Battlefield 1 and actually wanna upgrade to premium pass.

Origin took their price from 31 dollars to 62 dollars and that is way more than I wanna pay for a few maps, with

50% of the content not even released.

I have found Battlefield 1 Revolution cheaper on cdon that the Premium Pass itself on Origin. I am now thinking

if it is possible to upgrade to premium through the revolution game and if so, how do I do it?

Message 1 of 6 (504 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: upgrade to premium

Hero (Retired)

I don´t know how that would exactly work on Origin (I´m a PS4 player), but I think you would have your Standard Edition being replaced by your Revolution Edition if there´s only 1 code in that box. You might have to delete your standard game.

If you get 2 seperate codes, you just use the Premium one. 

But there should be no problem playing the Premium Edition in your case, many people have upgraded that way, it´s possible.

If you do it, please give us feedback about it Standard smile

And the most important thing, you don´t lose any online progress if it´s used with the same account. Thumbs up

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (574 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

I don´t know how that would exactly work on Origin (I´m a PS4 player), but I think you would have your Standard Edition being replaced by your Revolution Edition if there´s only 1 code in that box. You might have to delete your standard game.

If you get 2 seperate codes, you just use the Premium one. 

But there should be no problem playing the Premium Edition in your case, many people have upgraded that way, it´s possible.

If you do it, please give us feedback about it Standard smile

And the most important thing, you don´t lose any online progress if it´s used with the same account. Thumbs up

Message 2 of 6 (575 Views)

★★ Novice

That was my tought too, I don't know how to find out 100% before buying it.

Message 3 of 6 (496 Views)

Hero (Retired)

What are you worried about? It will work either way, I´m pretty sure about that.

But it´s your decision. If you don´t want to risk it, Premium would be the safe choice for you. 

You would waste a full base game if you bought Revolution, but you could give away the new one if it´s 2 codes.

I don´t remember 100% about feedback by users who upgraded Standard to Revolution, but I guess everything is OK because otherwise players would have asked for help about it. Wondering

Message 4 of 6 (492 Views)

★★ Novice

That is completely true. Thank you for your help Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (490 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You´re welcome Standard smile

Enjoy your upgrade and please come back to tell us how you succeeded. Fingers crossed

Message 6 of 6 (481 Views)