Re: turn off night or make it less dark

by BLVD69

Original Post

turn off night or make it less dark

★★ Novice
i luv the game thnx again but 2 things really really annoy me
1 the darkness its waaaaaay to dark i can see more on a clouded foggy night in the middle of the forest... i know my eyes arent that great but this night time makes it impossible to play for me and some of my friends got the same problem
we just past 30 we aint that old pls fix this cause i dont wanna wait everytime for night to pass by..its not realistic....and i play with curtains closed so no troubble from outside reflection ...this game is to dark

nxt thing but offtopic for this1
the camera mode while customizing the car i really really hate that i have to press triangle to switch to camera mode...pls remove that option and always have camera mode on
Message 1 of 5 (670 Views)

★★ Novice
quick add..i know 2friends that wont buy the game cause they dont like how dark the game is at night and some places just the mountainshade is already dark enough...allot people do not like darkness in games cause they simply cannot see... i know there are allot more then us (especially the new generation) mobile phones are messingup there eyes
darkness will become much more of a problem in the future remember that for the upcoming games!
Message 2 of 5 (664 Views)

★★★ Guide

The darkness is fine (I'm 38).

You could always increase the brightness level of your TV/monitor.

Message 3 of 5 (646 Views)

★★ Expert

@painwav3 whats the matter can't see in the dark, how you get a licence to drive in the real world then? 

Regards

BLVD69

Message 4 of 5 (641 Views)

★★ Pro

To dark ????  Confused

I found that the night time isn't dark enough and during to dusk and dawn as well i found the shadows were a tad to crushed and dark. Reshade to the rescue though.

You can unofficially adjust the brightness but its a do it at your won risk deal. So again do it at your own risk ok.

Find your User , my documents Payback folder with the NFS settings in it. Im using Windows 7 64 so windows 10 could be different paths.

brightness payback 1.jpg

Then open it and change the line brightness , highlighted in red in the shot  numbers , higher numbers equals higher brightness. Remember , yes this is easy but messing around with the other stuff to much will likely cause issues so make a back up of the profiles before you start changing variables drastically. BACK THE ORIGINAL UP !!!  .

brightness payback 2.jpg

Message 5 of 5 (592 Views)