Re: the worst unit ever

by AlphonseDisciple

Original Post

the worst unit ever

★ Guide

here u can post which unit u think its the worst unit ever.
for me its clearly
Artillery: it's in the wrong building. even in the right building its the slowest and ultra clumpsiest of all units,  super easy to out manouver and kill, there is a reason u never see it played. it can only shoot in a very tight angle and turning or setting it up takes longer than the slowest unit needs to walk over the 3 titels and even if u set it up in time kill speed is to slow to outmatch anything.

Message 1 of 7 (461 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
kinda hard to argue when NOD Arty takes the cake by a wide margin =p but if I was to argue for the 2nd worst unit, it would be tick tanks. They cost 20 tib more than their scorpion bretheren, almost always lose half of it before getting into position, and when they do get there there is more 2 ranged units or flying or infantry counters that can remove it at a decent pace and for cheaper than the tick itself then there is units that the tick threatens. In almost every case, a regular scorpion tank would have been better than a tick. It takes a REALLY strong commander to make it have any value (or a very poor opponent.)
Message 2 of 7 (446 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Tick tank's 2 abilities contradict each other. One encourages you to move while the other encourages you not to. Either way it doesn't make this unit more valuable them others.

Message 3 of 7 (423 Views)

★★★ Guide

Battalia sold me on the Scarabs being one of the worst units in the game.  They're beyond easy to manipulate costing the person using them to lose huge amount of TIB quickly.  At least - the way most people I see use them.  I also don't think they do the game any service in how they can shut down a new player - without any experience they're daunting - and with just a little experience the opponent is going to regret using them.

Chem warrior without Jade is down there - making that unit very specific to a commander.

GDI air doesn't impress me... I'd happily give them all up for a better Banshee analog.  I don't know if I'd say they suck - they have uses - but in comparison to the NOD alternative it's not like any 1 of them stand up to it.

Message 4 of 7 (391 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I wouldn’t say the Scarabs are the worst. I can see how they can get overpowered, but the still are decent units. Still the fastest and cheapest Harvester takedown. Obviously the Artillery sucks donkey balls. But I honestly think all the jeeps suck. The Buggy and the Rhino. They can barely take down infantry units one on one and that’s their primary use. A Jeep vs. laser Squad or Rocket Squad is damn near a toss up. Which makes no sense. And against an actual vehicle it’s useless. And there is no point in them even being able to target air units. All they do against air units is chip damage at beat. 

Also, does anyone get any decent use from Confessors? I rarely see them used. 

Message 5 of 7 (370 Views)

★★★ Guide

@AlphonseDisciple   I've seen my own guild captain running scarabs semi- effectively - but only because it's a trick, the people he's fighting don't get the little screen-play he pulls off.  They don't make scouts so they're just reacting.  A single scout can stop a JJT/MG/Scarab rush by itself - so, no excuse.

I didn't think Buggy -  but you're right.  What do they counter?  Riflemen/mil's - flames/disruptors - snipers/confessors?  I haven't seen the match up much - but they SHOULD effectively take down Drones/Talons/Venom/Phantom etc effectively?  But that's just it - they don't do enough damage - even verse what they counter.  And for 30 tiberium it's a little risky sending them out into the wild to scout.  I see a lot of people use them... but they probably shouldn't be.

I don't really use tech but I would grant confessors plus cyborgs match up nicely - should be able to take anything except a flame tank.  I haven't seen it - but between slowing down a wolverine and speeding up the cyborg - do they take down a wolverine?  But there's nothing a confessor can really do that you couldn't pull off with a laser and  flamer.....

I think if Nod got another infantry to fill it out better - Confessor might make a nice 'splash' unit to come in later and bolster a strong infantry play.

Message 6 of 7 (339 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PremierVenoth wrote:

@AlphonseDisciple   I've seen my own guild captain running scarabs semi- effectively - but only because it's a trick, the people he's fighting don't get the little screen-play he pulls off.  They don't make scouts so they're just reacting.  A single scout can stop a JJT/MG/Scarab rush by itself - so, no excuse.

I didn't think Buggy -  but you're right.  What do they counter?  Riflemen/mil's - flames/disruptors - snipers/confessors?  I haven't seen the match up much - but they SHOULD effectively take down Drones/Talons/Venom/Phantom etc effectively?  But that's just it - they don't do enough damage - even verse what they counter.  And for 30 tiberium it's a little risky sending them out into the wild to scout.  I see a lot of people use them... but they probably shouldn't be.

I don't really use tech but I would grant confessors plus cyborgs match up nicely - should be able to take anything except a flame tank.  I haven't seen it - but between slowing down a wolverine and speeding up the cyborg - do they take down a wolverine?  But there's nothing a confessor can really do that you couldn't pull off with a laser and  flamer.....

I think if Nod got another infantry to fill it out better - Confessor might make a nice 'splash' unit to come in later and bolster a strong infantry play.

Lol...  Otto Line here, there’s a lot of really BAD units out there. Lol. @PremierVenoth has anyone ever done a post for best or favorite unit? That would be a fun discussion. 

Message 7 of 7 (319 Views)