Re: sadly its true popcap chompers need nerfed bad

by Demonwrath1992

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@Superjesse124 wrote:

There are two types of Zombies in this game.

Zombies that have a massive advantage over the Chomper, including...

Soldier (Mid-Long range, Rocket Jump)

Engineer (Abilities that prevent Chompers from eating them)

All-Star (Imp Punt, Sprint Tackle)

Imp (Gravity Grenade, Speed, Double Jump, Mechs)

and Pirate (Long Range, Parrot Drone, Barrel and Cannon to prevent Chomper from eating them)

And Zombies that a good Chomper won't have any trouble with, including...

Scientist (They have to get close to deal massive damage, all Chomper has to do is lay down a Spikeweed)

Superhero (Melee character, all Chomper has to do is lay down a Spikeweed)

lol you forget how broken spikeweeds are tho they activate INSTANTLY ive screwed over plenty of pirates and engineers who would use there turrets jack hammer and barrel just by walking close laying a spikeweed down and bam cancles out there ability and i can eat them from any direction 

the only real TRUE counter to a chomper is the sonic grenade cause theres no way a chomper can cheese its way out of it unlike rocket jump where the server can make you look like you are standing still even tho to you you are in mid air and still get burrowed or the lag still lets the chomp icon register as if you are still on the ground even tho you are in mid air and get eaten

ive mastered more then half of my chompers now i know there strengths and there weaknesses and they have faaaaaaaar more counters to zombies and more cheese tactics then zombies have for them the only fool proof non server lag bs way to counter a chomper is sonic grenades im not even counting jackhammers cause they too can be spike weeded 

Message 51 of 55 (712 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It is true that there has been recent buffs and nerfs towards the chomper's. But that isn't the reason why they feel more powerful then usual. the biggest truth about the chomper is that not only do they rely on speed and spike weeds and quick digestion rates but they rely on the openings that their teammates give them. I've been playing the chomper since the begining gw 2 and it was only until they started to buff and nerf zombies and plants alike that the chomper really started to feel like it had a place in battle just like it had in gw 1. By plants being more equal towards zombies gave more threat level to other plants making zombies more distracted, which allowed enough room for the chomper's to do his stealth runs. also in plants being more equal to zombies made digestion retreats easier with the suppressive fire from allies, while before they didn't have enough fire power to suppress anything. 

other individuals comments about the spike weeds are irrelevant and ill placed as chompers have been able to ensnare zombies instantly since the beginning of the gw 2, and no one even cared then so why is it such a problem now. If you have an opinion that the chomper is too powerful but are the same people that run in without a exit plan, then even if they nerf the chomper you will still be eaten and taken down as much as before. 

stop trying to resolve your problems by attacking the chomper when nerfs and buffs alike for all charecters will effect everything else in game.

Message 52 of 55 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
Of the complaints concerning the Chomper, the only one which I agree with is the fact that Spikeweeds cause an instant ensnare.

Compare the Potatoe Mine; when a Cactus deploys a Potatoe Mine it takes a second or two to arm so if a Super Brainz character is in your face the mine does not explode instantly, which is exactly how it functioned originally in GW1.

In GW1 the Chomper Spikeweed also had a second or two arming time so deploying one when a zombie was in your face did not result in an instant snare.

For some reason in the leap from GW1 to GW2 the Potatoe Mine kept its arming time but the Spikeweed lost that arming time, and an era of cheap and easy vanquishes began and I can see the reasons for the complaints from some.

I'm indifferent myself, I play a Chomper and I can collect a goodly number of vanquished with it without resorting to the cheap instant Spikeweed trap so often complained about, and when I'm on the Zombies side of the field I simply watch for them and I make sure they can't get into close quarters with me if I can help it.
Message 53 of 55 (688 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

1.5 seconds preparation time and 3.5 seconds chew time HMMMMM. Yeah totally op man

Scientist-90 dps

All-Star-around 60(couldn't measure it well)

Foot Soldier-really similar to the all-star's

Engineer-45 dps

Imp-50 dps

Super Brains-85

Captain Deadbeard-Quick scoping exists(75 dps)

Look man, sorry to but I have over 600 hr on this game and more than 400 hr on chomper. The fact that a character is annoying doesn't mean he is op, NOT EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST. Even with 2 digestion upgrades his digestion speed is 3 seconds total. And Engineer's whole arsenal is a counter to this boy, foot soldier's rocket jump is self explanatory and there is a glitch with the zpg(press zpg before he kills you with burrow and you are done bc the success rate is 90%). I am not gonna list the million counters to this character bc every, single, zombie has really decent counters to him.

Message 54 of 55 (581 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Not really, I was bad at it for awhile then got good but I still get rekt by skilled players. I regretfully have to disagree.

Message 55 of 55 (566 Views)