Re: redeem code problem

by ragnarok013

Original Post

redeem code problem

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

i bought battlefield 1 revolution with premium trail.

the game is region 3, but my online gaming id registered as region 2, so i cant reedem my code.

is there any way i can fix this ?

Message 1 of 6 (1,018 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I think BF1 doesn´t have a region lock, but the base game and Premium have to be from the same region.

Which system are you playing on? There might be a solution for consoles.

Message 2 of 6 (1,004 Views)

@Jadyh2 wrote:

Hello,

i bought battlefield 1 revolution with premium trail.

the game is region 3, but my online gaming id registered as region 2, so i cant reedem my code.

is there any way i can fix this ?

@Jadyh2 on which platform are you playing?  @Ourumov13 regions are an issue for console as the game and DLC must be from the same region and on console you can't redeem a code from a different region on your PSN account (this may be an issue for XBL as well).

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 6 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I use ps4 , so there is no way i can use the region 3 game?
Message 4 of 6 (996 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ragnarok013, I didn´t know (never tried) that you can´t use codes from foreign regions, thanks. Standard smile

@Jadyh2, you could try to create a new account for region 3, activate your primary PS4 on both and try to redeem it there.

Premium should be free for every account on your PS4 then, you could use it in region 2 as well.

The best way would be to return the region 3 game and buy a new one for region 2 if that´s possible for you.

Message 5 of 6 (989 Views)

@Ourumov13 wrote:

@ragnarok013, I didn´t know (never tried) that you can´t use codes from foreign regions, thanks. Standard smile

@Jadyh2, you could try to create a new account for region 3, activate your primary PS4 on both and try to redeem it there.

Premium should be free for every account on your PS4 then, you could use it in region 2 as well.

The best way would be to return the region 3 game and buy a new one for region 2 if that´s possible for you.

@Ourumov13 Yep, you can't redeem an out of region code on your account, you'll need to create an account that matches the region of the code on PSN in order to redeem that. The pad part is that your game must match the region of the DLC or the game won't see the DLC. I verified this with a German copy of Battlefield and North American Battlefield DLC.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 6 (970 Views)