president's day sale??

by coltcolt81

Original Post

Re: president's day sale??

Champion

@coltcolt81@CMeki , I never understood why stores would often have sales on President's Day.  When I got older I decided the reason must be because people like to go shopping on their day off.  But the largest number of stores offering sales on this day are places that sell beds and mattresses! Raised eyebrow Large smile Never understood that one! 

Coltcolt81, I hope you can find a sale on Sims 4 items soon!  Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 24 (322 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Sorry, I forgot to reply to @CMeki from an earlier post! Oops Yes! Lunar New Year is huge!  Some restaurants here offer some special dishes for the occasion that are only available during this time! Party hat  That is wonderful that you were in Asia last year during the Lunar New Year! Cool

Yes! My husband and I love the movie "Groundhog Day"! Heart  I always found it odd that while animals often can give us signs about the weather or when the change of seasons will happen, the inventors of this holiday pick the one thing that really wouldn't give us a true indication of such changes!  Large smile:eahigh_file:  Maybe if they make a Seasons type EP for The Sims 4, they can add a groundhog to help our Sims predict Spring! Angel :eahigh_file:

Message 12 of 24 (317 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PugLove888

Oh, that's nice! :D While I love "western Chinese food", the food that they actually eat in China is sometimes quite scary. I'm happy I do not eat meat because my friends got some really weird things sometimes! Although they do have amazing food too, you just have to learn Chinese to order the right things haha! (I studied Mandarin for two years but that's not enough to make out what the menus say)  Angel I'm sure that more expensive restaurants are better at having menus in English, but we were poor students (Hong Kong is expensive), so we usually went to small street restaurants!

I would love to have some special dishes here too though, to change up it a bit. The closest restaurant to my home is one called ChinaThai, so it would be a good opportunity for them! :D

Haha omg, yes, the groundhog in The Sims would be so funny. They're like the size of a cat, so maybe they could add it as an add-on cat-race in Cats&Dogs and also have it in Seasons for those who do not have Cats&Dogs, but not ownable. Maybe as a festival, like the ones in City Living, and the groundhog was there during that event in some form! :eahigh_file:

Message 13 of 24 (308 Views)

Champion

@CMeki, I would have replied earlier but coincidently my husband and I went on a mini-vacation because he was off work for President's Day! Large smile :eahigh_file: We have never done that before, but we were supposed to go on a short vacation last month but I got a sinus infection and he got the flu, so we postponed it because he was off for Pres.Day.  The hotel we stayed at had a big celebration the week before for the Lunar New Year, so that is a coincidence as well! Wink But it ended the day before we got there.Frown

Yes, food recipes from the country of origin to another country always undergo some changes.  But then again, food from one region of a country can differ a lot from food in another region of the same country, especially if the country is large!  I've seen some strange things on the television show The Amazing Race!  I've also seen some travel show that was talking about Asian dishes , and I was pleased to learn that several of the dishes that came with the City Living EP were actual dishes in those countries! Cool

As for Chinese food,  I love spicy food so I usually like Sichuan or Hunan styles of food over Cantonese or other styles.  I also really love sour foods, so Hot & Sour soup is my favorite! Heart

Yes, while ordering food in any language you don't speak fluently can be problematic, the difficulties with trying to read a whole writing system that you aren't that familiar with would be scary when ordering food -- I can see how a translator would be needed! ShockedLarge smile

I'm always look forward to new food in The Sims games, so I'm excited that the Jungle Adventure GP will have new foods! Party hat

I love the idea of having a Groundhog Day Festival in The Sims 4!  I think it would be extremely funny! Large smile:eahigh_file:Heart  And you are right in that it should be doable now that we have Cats & Dogs for a framework.  Or we could have giant groundhogs if they utilize the bear and raccoon costumes already in the game! Angel

Message 14 of 24 (271 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PugLove888

CHAMPION! Congrats and Welcome! :eahigh_file: Party hat

Well, it's good that you're both better now! (Couple goals getting sick at the same time) Wink

Too bad you missed the celebration though...

Yeah, I love watching food shows, even though I can't always cook the same things, but Indin food has a lot of vegetarian food, so that's great, and you can always make your own version of the recipe! I've actually eaten all the Indin, vetnamese, Chinese and Japanese food in City Living, but not the Philipino, Mexican or Moroccan. We do eat "Mexican food", but I think it's very Swedish-Mexican food haha. On Fridays, everyone in Sweden eats Tacos

Yeah, my boyfriend is a chili-lover (especially when i rob him of the meat), so Hunan usually fits us the best, though I think the Cantonese kitchen is one of the most common in Sweden. I've never heard of Hot&Sour soup, but it sounds like something we would et, and looking at a recipe it seems easy to remove the meat! I'll try it sometime! Large smile

Yeh, I wonder what type of food they'll be, or have they said already? Anyway, it will be fun, I'm really excited!

Hahaha omg, a groundhog costume XD Yes that would really be something to see! Angel

Btw @coltcolt81

There's a sale for the Sims now, check it out on Origin! :eahigh_file:

Message 15 of 24 (265 Views)

★★ Novice
I saw on my Instagram feed. I bought them last night 😂
Message 16 of 24 (254 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@coltcolt81

Haha great! :D Have fun gaming! :eahigh_file:

Message 17 of 24 (246 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@CMeki

Notice that the things on sale varies slightly by region. So one should check if what they want is available in their region. The sale is for Origin client and Xbox I did not see a mention of PS4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 18 of 24 (232 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@jpkarlsen

Yes, but as coltcolt's first post mentioned $ I thought it was a quite big chance they lived in the US, and I knew the US had the sale (VPN) Standard smile
But yes I know they're different, most often the percent of discount though but surely it could be some different games too, also because different games are available in different regions sometimes. But yes, I checked the US (and that they has the Sims on) before posting :P 

I wouldn't know about other platforms, as my post was directed to coltcolt who obviously wanted the games on Origin in $, I did not make an official announcement about the sale of any kind Angel 

Message 19 of 24 (229 Views)

Champion (Retired)

No sweat @CMeki I just wanted to point out the Info I got from EAs Official e-mail on this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 20 of 24 (226 Views)