Re: president's day sale??

by CMeki

Original Post

president's day sale??

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
 Hi, I recently got back into the sims 4. I haven't played since the get to work expansion and I see all the new ones I'd like to purchase! I read online that I recently missed the February 9th sale (sad face). I'm kinda iffy on dropping $220 for the expansions and game packs so I was curious if there would be a presidents day sale going on this upcoming Monday?? any information would be helpful, thanks in advance!!

Edited to fix format on forum....column posting doesn't help answers....MCSS
Message 1 of 24 (947 Views)

@coltcolt81

Only EA can really answer your question, but I seriously doubt they are going to run a back to back sale on products.  You are probably going to have to wait until a major sale later in the year to see another one on Sims stuff.  That is just my opinion so take it for what it is....a guess....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 24 (921 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@coltcolt81In addition to that, presidents day? Is that even a thing? I really doubt that EA has sales on a "holiday" that is not international, even if they've said that they try to have sales during holidays Standard smile

Message 3 of 24 (908 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CMeki, yes President's Day is a real thing if you are in the United States!  Standard smile  Our 1st President George Washington's birthday was on February 22, and another important and favorite President, Abraham Lincoln's birthday was on February 12.  So, they combined the 2 birthdays in a holiday called President's Day, which is celebrated on the Monday between these two birthdays. Party hat There are often sales in the United States on this day, probably due to many people being off work. Wink  Not everyone is off work, but government workers and quasi-government workers often have a holiday on this day, along with some U.S. based companies, as well as some school districts.  So, @coltcolt81 has a logical question. Standard smile  While it is possible that EA could have a sale since EA is a company that is based in the U.S., I agree with @mcsupersport that it is unlikely that EA would have another sale only a week and a half after the previous one has ended!  I also would think that they would be more likely to have a sale during a holiday that is international (like you stated), or that they would more likely have a sale during a bigger holiday.  President's Day is a minor holiday. Wink 

I hope this clears up the confusion for those of you who have never lived in the U.S. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 24 (877 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PugLove888

Yeah, I understood it was a real holiday, I just though it was sooo American that I had to make a remark on it lol Wink

But yeah, like I said, in addition to having two sales really close to one another, I think that EA focuses on internationally known days. It would probably be an uproar if only the US had a big sale, but no other countries. Also, I think other countries might be weirded out by a "USA President's day sale", as it might be strange for them for different reasons, like historical, to celebrate the American presidents Standard smile (or maybe they would be happy that games were on sale, but not the reason they were) 

I hope there is a sale during the spring though. It would be amazing if EA had a big sale during the Women's day (8th march) to celebrate women in gaming! :eahigh_file:

Message 5 of 24 (871 Views)

Champion

@CMeki, yes that would be strange, especially for people who aren't' from the U.S. Large smile  But the OP was probably just thinking "EA often has sales on holidays, so what is the next holiday coming up?  Oh! President's Day!  Maybe they will have a sale then!?!"  Party hat  But then again, I would have gladly gotten really into Groundhog Day f(for example) if it meant Sims 4 Games were going to be on sale! Party hat:eahigh_file: (Although Groundhogs are really cute! Heart )  But I have an app that is from a country based in Asia.  They often have give-aways on holidays I may or may not be familiar with, but I'm always happy to get those freebies, no matter what the reason! :eahigh_file:  It also makes me want to learn about those other holidays that people in the U.S. might not be so familiar with! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 24 (869 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PugLove888

Yeah, right now Uplay (Ubisoft) has a Chinese New years sale for example, but that's also like a huge holiday that is not only celebrated in China but many other Asian countries. So I guess it's considered an international holiday, even if it's not a western international holiday Standard smile
Last year I were in Hong Kong & Malaysia for Chinese New Years, which was amazing! :D

I've seen that movie about the guy reliving Groundhog Day over and over again, so I've heard about that one! xD

Message 7 of 24 (862 Views)

★★ Novice
I didn’t say specifically for the United States. Either way they could still be having a sale right now as it’s the lunar new year. Not everyone celebrates the lunar new year but steam is still making it a sale. Lol
Message 8 of 24 (856 Views)

★★ Novice
Unless of course that was the sale I missed as mentioned above on February 9th, but other companies I play games on like blizzard for example, usually have their sales lasting quite some time.
Message 9 of 24 (854 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@coltcolt81

Yeah I guessed you meant an international sale, but having it for the reason of president's day (that I never heard of before) was what I thought was funny Angel

Like I said Ubisoft also has one for Chinese New Year (or Lunar New Year), and it would not really be strange if EA had a sale right now, for something like that, but it would probably focus on other games than the Sims 4 if that was the case, as the recent sale was only for The Sims 4. Standard smile

The Winter sale that Origin had after Chrismtas was really long though, longer than both Ubisoft, Blizzard and Steam, so I guess that impacts the time until the next really big sale.

I think the recent sim sale was on for about a week or so, for the celebration of the Sims birthday Standard smile

But if you sometimes have sales on a day like the president's day, I'd recommend you to check for sales in your local retail stores! :D
Here in my country we don't have stuff packs in those, but expansion and game packs are usually available! Standard smile I also only buy The Sims packs on sale as I'm a student and they're a bit too pricey for me Standard smile

Message 10 of 24 (847 Views)