my pets won't breed

by KaylaKat1996

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my pets won't breed

★★★ Newbie

Help!

My dogs wont breed in the sims 4.

I've tried the be nice option and the encourage to breed option but they just wont have puppies.

Message 1 of 23 (112,846 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my pets won't breed

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KaylaKat1996@StephS1984 , this is a known problem, so y'all aren't the only people having problems with breeding! Raised eyebrow In addition to what @jpkarlsen stated, your female cat or dog has to be in heat for breeding to work.  They will have thoughts of flaming hearts and will appear to "sing" with little hearts floating away from them. Heart

However, even if your pets have not been spayed or neutered, and you have plenty of room for more Sims (less than 8, like jpkarlsen said!), you still might have problems mating!  Usually your pet will be rejected by the potential mate. Frown  And even when they do manage to actually mate, the momma pet might never go into labor, or it might say they are going into labor but nothing happens, or they will have a litter of pups or kittens, but even though you might pick out names for 3, none will be visible in-game unless you save, exit the game, and reenter -- and then you will probably only see one of the puppies or kittens!  Disappointed (Whew!) Devil  This seems to especially happen when trying to breed with a stray (or so I've been told.)

I'm sure they are working to fix this problem, but it is extremely frustrating! Angry

For now I'm just not attempting to breed my pets until they fix this! Oops

If you want to try to work around this or get more information that what jpkarlsen & I have given you, then here is a thread on The Sims 4 forums that deals with this:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928960/cats-and-dogs-issues-with-breeding/p1

Rosemow is an extremely helpful person on the Sims 4 forums! Angel

Please feel free to reply back so we can know if either of you find some kind of work around! 

Best of luck and Happy Simming! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 23 (132,649 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Are they neutered or spayed?

Also have you reached the limit of 8 in a household? (Sims and Pets combined)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 23 (112,788 Views)

★ Guide
Same here - I have encouraged them to breed and my 2 dogs get the love hearts which I assume means that they liked each other enough to do it, yet no puppies or pregnancy. This is probably about my 15th attempt, didn't think it would take more than that.
Message 3 of 23 (112,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KaylaKat1996@StephS1984 , this is a known problem, so y'all aren't the only people having problems with breeding! Raised eyebrow In addition to what @jpkarlsen stated, your female cat or dog has to be in heat for breeding to work.  They will have thoughts of flaming hearts and will appear to "sing" with little hearts floating away from them. Heart

However, even if your pets have not been spayed or neutered, and you have plenty of room for more Sims (less than 8, like jpkarlsen said!), you still might have problems mating!  Usually your pet will be rejected by the potential mate. Frown  And even when they do manage to actually mate, the momma pet might never go into labor, or it might say they are going into labor but nothing happens, or they will have a litter of pups or kittens, but even though you might pick out names for 3, none will be visible in-game unless you save, exit the game, and reenter -- and then you will probably only see one of the puppies or kittens!  Disappointed (Whew!) Devil  This seems to especially happen when trying to breed with a stray (or so I've been told.)

I'm sure they are working to fix this problem, but it is extremely frustrating! Angry

For now I'm just not attempting to breed my pets until they fix this! Oops

If you want to try to work around this or get more information that what jpkarlsen & I have given you, then here is a thread on The Sims 4 forums that deals with this:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928960/cats-and-dogs-issues-with-breeding/p1

Rosemow is an extremely helpful person on the Sims 4 forums! Angel

Please feel free to reply back so we can know if either of you find some kind of work around! 

Best of luck and Happy Simming! Wink

Message 4 of 23 (132,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie
No they aren't. For some reason if its a pet I didn't make myself like a stray that I adopt they won't breed. It only works with pets I make myself
Message 5 of 23 (112,651 Views)

Champion

Thank you for the feedback @KaylaKat1996Standard smile I had read some of the thread I gave you the link for, but they had added to it since I last read it and I was hoping someone would have a workaround since I last checked.Frown I had only tried to have my pet breed with a stray once, but her overtures were rejected, so I couldn't test to see if strays were the ones who have problems breeding! Raised eyebrow

If there is any new news about any updates or fixes or workarounds for this, I will try to post back here to let you know.  Likewise, I hope if anyone has any new and promising information on this problem that they would also reply back here to let all of us know! Wink

Best of luck! 

Message 6 of 23 (112,641 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same
Message 7 of 23 (110,139 Views)

★ Novice

i had no clue they could be in heat i thought it meant they liked another dog in the house that is very helpful as i thought  that they were just mating and not getting pregnant also my dog was i labour on fast speed for ages never gave birth and had the option to be encouraged to mate again please fix this

Message 8 of 23 (105,276 Views)

★ Guide

I had this problem too. I tried 'encourage to breed' about eight times, Everything was right, the female was in heat, the two dogs were friends, etc. The dogs were of two different families.I tried at both family lots. But, no pregnancy. Finally, I moved the male dog to the female's family (via 'manage worlds'), so both dogs were in the same family and I tried again. Within a sims' hour, I received the message "expecting puppies" on the notification page.

Message 9 of 23 (94,130 Views)

Champion

@jmeadowbrook, well, at least you got them to mate and conceive! Standard smile  Just too bad that you had to move them into the same household to do it! Confused   Funny but if this was the case in real life, we wouldn't have much of a stray problem! Raised eyebrow  

Thank you for your feedback on this! Angel  I've only had a successful pet pregnancy one time in my game, but both dogs were in my household to begin with.  (I got 4 adorable puppies from this encounter! DogHeart )  Feel free to share the results of your Sim pets pregnancy with us! Wink

Message 10 of 23 (94,045 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help