my nfs game looking bad

by racer2671

Original Post

my nfs game looking bad

★★★ Newbie

My nfs payback is looking grainy,sharpened and visually degraded. out of all other games i have on my pc nfs payback looks bad. all other games look outstanding as usual .nfs payback looks horrible. it loooks like the textures are very grainy

Message 1 of 8 (2,861 Views)

Re: my nfs game looking bad

★★★ Apprentice

Then you need a better Graphics card.

Message 2 of 8 (2,845 Views)

★★ Pro

@racer2671

In the forest areas is where its the most noticeable. It appears like a grainy overlay on the trees and other surfaces when the camera is moving right ?

Message 3 of 8 (2,827 Views)

★ Guide
This problem also happens on high-end PC's specs so don't get too impatient.
You can try some settings on you GPU software, like this:
Enable "shader chache"
Enable "triple buffering"
Enable "visual sync"
Set power management to "adaptive" or "max power" (if your bill is not too high at this moment lol)
You can also override antialiasing settings to x2 but I never tried this one.

Keep in mind that the best fix scenario will help after 1-3 minutes of gameplay.
The game has a bad optimization and I often see these "sandy" textures for the first minute of gameplay.
Message 4 of 8 (2,794 Views)

★★ Pro

@ssshex

Wow, no swearing and yelling, there is hope for you yet my friend . Wink

I agree, the texture are slow to load. I have all my games including payback  on a SSD and man its painful to watch the game stumble and load knowing that.. My gtx 1080ti still drops to 48 fps in the city which is BS for that card  no matter the settings and the only real way i have been able to cure that annoying sandy pixelated overlay thing happening on some of the ground surfaces is to use reshade, enable FXAA then Luma-sharpening to correct the FXAA. I sure wish we will see a performance fix for the game but knowing EA im not hoping to much.

Message 5 of 8 (2,747 Views)

★★ Guide

If you are asking why the game does not work or boot up, Please post your PC specs.  This helps people troubleshoot/look for an issue. 

Message 6 of 8 (2,741 Views)

★★ Pro

@xxxCROMxxx

Im sensing he is asking why some of the in game graphics look a touch grainy /  pixelated. I run a SSD for all my games , A I7 4770K , Zotac GTX 1080 Ti amp , 16 gb of 1866 ddr3 ram and all the (  i should have never spent as much as i did ) PC parts and this game certainly needs some love in the optimization area as well as the light effects and related. Its far from horrible but there is some  graphics issues in there. Indeed though  knowing what his specs are and what settings he has would eliminate any possibilities there on his end for sure.

Message 7 of 8 (2,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i have an msi gtx 1060 and my game looks like absolute sht on all high settings. i even have the anti aliasing set to 4x in nvidia control panel but it doesnt f'in do anything. i just have no clue why my game looks so f'ing bad. :/

Message 8 of 8 (2,593 Views)