my mods wont work!! (sims 4)

by hihey1423

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my mods wont work!! (sims 4)

★★★ Novice

my mods wont work my cc works fine nothing wrong about them but my mods wont when i check my mods folder in the game the cc and mods one i see them there but they just wont work not one of them script mods is allowed along with cc and tried the moving them to the desktop but ya PLEASE HELP

Thank youHeart

your aquentince,hihey1423

Message 1 of 12 (1,503 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my mods wont work!! (sims 4)

★★★★★ Guide

Thank you for the screenshot @hihey1423;

I see you have several .zip and .rar files in the Mods folder; Sims 4 can't read those files in that archived format. Have you unpacked the contents from those archives into your Mods folder? Sims 4 won't read the contents of .zip and .rar files at all, so opening those and unpacking the contents of each into the Mods folder should allow Sims 4 to recognize the contents of them.

After the contents of each archive are extracted into the Mods folder, I would move the .zip and .rar files out of the Mods folder.

Let me know if that helps or changes the situation.

Kind Regards,

- B

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (1,429 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

oh ya also awaiting your responseClock

Thank YouHeart

Message 2 of 12 (1,502 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Good evening @hihey1423 ;

Could you please provide the file path you are storing your mods in?

(Example: Users > UserName > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods)

Kind Regards,

- B

Message 3 of 12 (1,493 Views)

★★★ Novice

okay 

users< Majeed vaio< documents<EA(Electronic Arts)<The Sims 4<mods

im sorry if I some how messed up and it was not what you were looking for

also thank you for taking your timeClock to do this

you are a amazing person have a great dayStandard smile

Thank YouHeart

also im sorry im a day late i dont want to take up any more of your time then I need to so my sincerest apology

Message 4 of 12 (1,479 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Excellent, thank you for that.

In regards to the mods being stored in that location, are they also being stored in sub-folders in the Mods location?

I've seen when mods get unzipped into the Mods folder, they create sub-folders of their own a few directories deep; this usually causes mods not to be recognized because the game will only look about 2-3 folders deep before fully loading. 

If there's no sub-folders, I would use the steps provided in crinrict's blog to clear the localthumbcache.package file: Crinrict's Blog - Deleting Cache Files

You may have to temporarily move your mods out of your Mod folder after removing that cache file, then back in so the game can re-register them.

Hopefully these steps work; if not, let me know.

Kind Regards,

- B

Message 5 of 12 (1,460 Views)

★★★ Novice

unfortunately no it did not work 

i tried the suggestion i went on to the sims 4 i tried one of the trait mods and did not work actually i tried 3 of the mods and none of them worked 

but i do have a question you said You may have to temporarily move your mods out of your Mod folder after removing that cache file then back in so the game can re-register them but (this may be a dumb question) where do i put my mods after I cut them like i cut them now where do i i paste them again sorry if it is a dumb question

have a great dayStandard smile

Thank YouHeart

Message 6 of 12 (1,455 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@hihey1423 ,

Not a dumb question at all;

Usually I just recommend an empty folder on the desktop; it's a temporary place for the mods, so they won't be staying there permanently. 

Once the files have been moved there, I would recommend removing the localthumbnailcache.package file mentioned earlier, then start the game. (This will have it where the game will identify you have no mods installed.) Make sure that the "Enable Custom Mods & Content" and "Enable Script Mods" options are active in your Options before proceeding to the next step.

After that, close the game, delete the localthumbnailcache.package file again, move the files back into the mods folder, then start the game. (Ideally, this should force Sims 4 to have to re-recognize the contents of the Mods folder.) 

If the game still does not recognize the mods, this might indicate the Sims 4 is not actually reading from the Mods folder. If you get to this point, is it possible you could share a screenshot of your Mods folder, including the file path? (Pretty much take a screenshot of the entire folder window, including the path at the top.)

Kind Regards,

- B

Message 7 of 12 (1,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

this sadly again did not work i tried it 4 times all of which the suggestion failed 

and you asked to send a screen shot which i will do now 

Thank YouHeart

Message 8 of 12 (1,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

also dont ask why it is named that i wanted to get it done quickly

Thank YouHeart

Message 9 of 12 (1,437 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Thank you for the screenshot @hihey1423;

I see you have several .zip and .rar files in the Mods folder; Sims 4 can't read those files in that archived format. Have you unpacked the contents from those archives into your Mods folder? Sims 4 won't read the contents of .zip and .rar files at all, so opening those and unpacking the contents of each into the Mods folder should allow Sims 4 to recognize the contents of them.

After the contents of each archive are extracted into the Mods folder, I would move the .zip and .rar files out of the Mods folder.

Let me know if that helps or changes the situation.

Kind Regards,

- B

Message 10 of 12 (1,430 Views)