Original Post

Accepted Solution

lagging

★ Novice
Message 1 of 3 (914 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: lagging

[ Edited ]

@necko97 Your CPU is quite old. There is where the bottleneck is created. It's near the minimum requirements. You may play the game using the low or medium settings, but anything higher will result into low FPS count. 

If you are short on cash, i suggest an upgrade to the new AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (best performance/price value). You will have to build a new PC from the scratch, but it's doable and not really pricey.

AMD X4 series 740 is a five years old CPU, lacking in many of the modern technologies and AMD always trailed behind Intel and depended of Intel sharing certain technologies with them. Ryzen is the AMD CPU that actually can compete with the modern Intel CPU's. Upgrading that CPU is not really an option. It was the last on that architecture (along with 760) and the CPU socket changed in that year. Your only upgrade option is 760, but is just as old, so that would be wasted money.  

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,247 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@necko97 Your CPU is quite old. There is where the bottleneck is created. It's near the minimum requirements. You may play the game using the low or medium settings, but anything higher will result into low FPS count. 

If you are short on cash, i suggest an upgrade to the new AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (best performance/price value). You will have to build a new PC from the scratch, but it's doable and not really pricey.

AMD X4 series 740 is a five years old CPU, lacking in many of the modern technologies and AMD always trailed behind Intel and depended of Intel sharing certain technologies with them. Ryzen is the AMD CPU that actually can compete with the modern Intel CPU's. Upgrading that CPU is not really an option. It was the last on that architecture (along with 760) and the CPU socket changed in that year. Your only upgrade option is 760, but is just as old, so that would be wasted money.  

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 3 (1,248 Views)

★ Novice

@ivrognard thanks a lot on tips, you've helped me a lot

Message 3 of 3 (904 Views)