Re: integrate game modes to help create more player engagement

by Neo_Novalis

Original Post

integrate game modes to help create more player engagement

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'd like to urge you guys to consider making the yard part of MUT next year. It would keep content fresh and give players an incentive to play the yard. The only people I know that enjoy it now are my younger cousins & kids around their age. The yard has great potential, but majority of players would rather play mut. One problem i think that's faced is majority of the fanbase plays mut, but many resources are allocated to game modes that aren't extremely popular. find a way to make sure that game modes tie in together. for instance, 2k has VC which you can use on both myplayer and myteam. it doesn't restrict you, it allows you to be rewarded for your time no matter which game mode you enjoy. 

Message 1 of 3 (215 Views)

★ Guide

I have to disagree here.  MUT, to some extent, plays more like a sim game as opposed to an arcade style of game such as The Yard.  I think the two completely different styles warrant them being completely different modes

Message 2 of 3 (205 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'd like to see that the currencies are the same across modes. I would probably play the Yard from time to time if I could use the rewards I receive there would be eligible for MUT (and vice versa). it would also be nice, if some stats would also count for the MUT objective stats. e.g. if you play franchise or face of the franchise, gained yards, TDs, INTs etc. are also added to the MUT objectives allowing you to get some coins. at the moment, it is a either-or decision what mode you want to play.

I did not exactly understand how you @GoinTrippy would merge MUT and The Yard. maybe it is possible to select players from your MUT team to be part of your The Yard lineup too?

but frankly, I'm not sure how long this mode (i.e. The Yard) will exist. from my perspective, it is just a new "innovation" added to this game to incentivize players to buy the new Madden version (i.e. Madden 21; and I'm convinced that the same motive in terms of business strategy was behind bringing in Superstar KO in Madden 20 since the Madden team has to bring in something new every year...). it is somehow similar to new yogurt tastes: when a yogurt producer introduces a new flavor, it is not the main priority to introduce a bestseller but to offer an innovation. the lion's share of sales still comes from the main flavors (strawberry, blueberry, etc.), but it just needs something new every now and then for customers to try something new (i.e. try one unit of the new flavor while buying 5 from the already existing flavors).... that's similar to Madden: the main turnover steams from MUT, but in order to motivate players to buy the new Madden version (and then spend a lot more into MUT), new modes are released every now and then too ...

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)