how to unlock challenge calling madden 20

by bcongero2

Original Post

how to unlock challenge calling madden 20

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

not only in madd 20 but for the past aprox 5 years my call challenges during a game and instant replays are locked when playing an online opponent. what am i missing???????

EA_Blueberry: Removed ALL CAPS from post. Comes off as YELLING.

Message 1 of 43 (34,898 Views)

challenging plays

★ Apprentice

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 8/23
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug can't challenge anything
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to challenge a call
What happens when the bug occurs? after every play if you try to challenge it says there is nothing to challenge and when it's supposed to be automatically reviewed like turnovers, touchdowns or inside 2 minutes it never happens. i have had the computer catch the ball out of bounds or had interceptions hit the ground and there's nothing i can do
What do you expect to see? be able to challenge plays or have the computer automatically do it when it should
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
Date/time issue occurred 8/23
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug can't challenge anything
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to challenge a call
What happens when the bug occurs? after every play if you try to challenge it says there is nothing to challenge and when it's supposed to be automatically reviewed like turnovers, touchdowns or inside 2 minutes it never happens. i have had the computer catch the ball out of bounds or had interceptions hit the ground and there's nothing i can do
What do you expect to see? be able to challenge plays or have the computer automatically do it when it should
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Message 2 of 43 (34,365 Views)

Re: how to unlock challenge calling madden 20

Community Manager

@bcongero2 

Not all plays are able to be challenged, like if it's under the 2 minute warning and a turnover on downs. If there's a specific play that didn't allow you to challenge can you record the clip and post it here so we can review it? 

Instant replays are locked for online play. Replays can be seen at the end of the game under your highlights/game summary.

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 43 (34,844 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry No...l don't need it after the game. It use to be you can challenge a play on line against your opponent during a game. The feature is there but it's locked just like instant replay. I feel like I'm getting half of what l posted for and ripped off. I have every single man game since day one as a collection but if there's no way of doing this just like a real NFL game is called and offer games had this feature.. This will be my last purchase. I don't need it after the game is over. Why even show the feature and have a lock on it. Not making sense to me
Message 4 of 43 (34,835 Views)

★★★ Novice

THATS THE PROBLEM.. LIKE I SAID ,IT USE TO BE YOU CAN CHALLENGE AND VIEW INTANT REPLY WHILE PLAYING AN OPPONANT. I THOUGHT MAYBE SINCE TIMES HAVE CHANGED IT WOULD BE AN EXTRA CHARGE OR A WAY TO EARN THE UNLOCK THAT I WOULD GLADLY ACCEPT AND PAY. FOR MY BROTHER AND I AS WELL AS THE FACT IT MADE THE GAME MORE REALISTIC.. WE LOVED IT. NOW.. WELL I HAVE EVERY SINGLE MADDEN GAME FROM DAY ONE AND BEACAUSE OF THIS LOCK THIS WILL BE MY FINAL PURCHASE. VERY VERY DISAPOINTING FOR ME IT FEELS LIKE A TOTAL RIP OFF NOW.

Message 5 of 43 (34,763 Views)

★★★ Novice

WOW.. HOW EXCITING.....NOT...I EARN A RESPONDER BADGE. BIG DEALLLLLL

Message 6 of 43 (34,762 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_BlueberryI share similar frustration as @bcongero2. I'm a little over 50 games into my Madden online H2H season and I haven't encountered a single instance where a play could be challenged - but many that should have been.

Here's a video I made featuring a game against the Bengals where my opponent was gifted 56 yards of a 66 yard drive in the final 0:19 seconds of the 4th quarter on three plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlGhNqY25p4

Not only was I unable to challenge these, because they were within the last 2 minutes, but I had a more recent game where I should have had a pass play called back that my opponent couldn't challenge well within the time frame when challenges should be working.  During those times the challenge button says "There is nothing to challenge on this play."

@bcongero2That said, RELAX! Tantrums work better when dealing with moms. There are very few moms here.

The man asked for a video so he could present your issue to people that could do something about it. Blowing up in a forum doesn't help. Threatening to never buy the product again also, does not help (they already have your money AND you still can't challenge on this game). So, since you are not the only person with this as an issue, I posted the videos for you. 

Now give them some time to do their part - and you might see challenges working as expected.  You can either wait to play more Madden until after the team address the challenge system, or play knowing that the challenge system does not work without freaking out. 

Later

Message 7 of 43 (34,754 Views)

Community Manager

@MaddenUniversity 

Thanks for the clip! Completely felt the same way about the Mixon catch but those two AJ Green catches were unfortunate. Some real bad luck there, tough to watch that drive. I'll see what I can do to get this up the chain to get looked at. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 43 (34,667 Views)

How come you can't challenge online play madded 20

★★★ Newbie

Why are we not allowed to challenge calls from bulls xcetera in Madden online play

Message 9 of 43 (34,324 Views)

Re: How come you can't challenge online play madded 20

★★★ Newbie

How come we cannot challenge on Madden when it comes to online head-to-head

Message 10 of 43 (34,323 Views)