Re: how do i change my name on star wars galaxy of heroes?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My apologies. Let me redress that then ...

I cannot, and do not believe for one single minute that it is not possible to age up an account. Electronic Arts is one of the premier game creators in the world. They have innumerable offices full of some of the smartest computer and business people in the world. People that have been educated at Wharton, Harvard, Princeton, MIT, Berkeley, and Stanford to name a few, all having earned Bachelor, Masters, and Doctorate degrees. To ask me, and the gamers dedicated to not just this, but all EA franchises, to believe that these learned engineers, coders, and programmers forgot that people age, and that the myriad of testing and quality assurance checks failed to pick up on that neglect is an abashed insult to my singular, and our collective intelligences.

Logic dictates that if a player account does in fact age with the account holder, then it stands to reason that a simple change in the birth date would solve the problem. The account would age up to the proper age, and the account holder can change their name as per the in-game instructions and costs. None of us here is begrudging EA the cost of the name change, and I for one would be willing to supply the support team whatever documentary evidence, short of a social insurance number, that they might deem necessary to affect the appropriate change in age.

The alternative is that that the development team either does not possess the will, or the skill, to make the change. That in itself tells a disturbing story, one that ends with this game is end-of-life, and will not endure any further R&D or support. Although I find that highly suspect being that "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" is soon to be released in theaters. Were the rumour of the game being end-of-life to become public, player support in terms of purchased crystals would almost immediately dry up. The revenue stream would cease to exist.

At the end of the day the support team and the developers will either step up to the plate and correct the issue, or they will let player pleas fall on deaf ears. It is indeed their choice, not the players choice. They cannot be forced to do what they do not want to do, or are incapable of doing.

[Please do not encourage the harassment of others - CM] 

Mol Eliza.

a.k.a. Yogi.

Message 21 of 22 (2,695 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

As has previously been stated, if you create an underage account then it is not possible to age it up. All you can do is wait until such a time as the account comes of age. I will pass the feedback on to the studio. 

I am locking this thread. 

Darko.png
Message 22 of 22 (20,002 Views)