how can i hire baristas

by kingpeterking

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how can i hire baristas

★★★★★ Apprentice

i am trying to hire staff (baristas) at my cafe. however the option is greyed out, because there is a barista already hired. how can i un grey out this option?

any suggestions much appreciated 

(i have no mods/cc) (tried restarting, using different cafes, using different game files)

Message 1 of 6 (2,970 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how can i hire baristas

[ Edited ]
Champion

If memory serves, you cannot own a cafe (as in coffee house, unless you are classifying it as a restaurant). If you classify it as a restaurant you can purchase it then hire staff, but you can only hire a chef, host & waiter, but that's the only staff you can hire and benefit/profit from. If you put a regular bar or espresso bar item into a retail store or restaurant you own, you should have the option while its open and you are there to click on the espresso bar or regular bar and hire a barista or bartender ...but that person will only come for a period of time and only for that shift, and you will not get the profits of any items they make.

Last I knew any venue that you do not own (that your sim has purchased - and they can only purchase retail, restaurant and veterinary hospitals, I believe, unless there is another type I am unaware of and have not played) will not allow you to hire staff. You also need to own the appropriate extension/pack (Dine Out, Get To Work, Cats & Dogs), depending on what you want to own/run).

Any business you don't own will have staff that the game has generated. I suppose if you want to get rid of the barista you can try to find him/her in the households and delete them so the game hires a different one?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (2,899 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

If you fire your current Barista you should be able to hire a new one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (2,951 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
ok ty how do u fire a barista?
Message 3 of 6 (2,935 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Go to the management screen of your cafe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (2,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

If memory serves, you cannot own a cafe (as in coffee house, unless you are classifying it as a restaurant). If you classify it as a restaurant you can purchase it then hire staff, but you can only hire a chef, host & waiter, but that's the only staff you can hire and benefit/profit from. If you put a regular bar or espresso bar item into a retail store or restaurant you own, you should have the option while its open and you are there to click on the espresso bar or regular bar and hire a barista or bartender ...but that person will only come for a period of time and only for that shift, and you will not get the profits of any items they make.

Last I knew any venue that you do not own (that your sim has purchased - and they can only purchase retail, restaurant and veterinary hospitals, I believe, unless there is another type I am unaware of and have not played) will not allow you to hire staff. You also need to own the appropriate extension/pack (Dine Out, Get To Work, Cats & Dogs), depending on what you want to own/run).

Any business you don't own will have staff that the game has generated. I suppose if you want to get rid of the barista you can try to find him/her in the households and delete them so the game hires a different one?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 6 (2,900 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

ok ty 

Message 6 of 6 (2,870 Views)