how can I sell my origin account

by HelenaPat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how can I sell my origin account

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So first off I don't play the sims 4 anymore, and I'm planning on selling it - but apparently I can't because it's illegal or something? I have the base game and all the packs (besides the halloween pack and the bowling pack) so I've spent over around $400 for everything. I was wondering if i could sell it or not? 

Message 1 of 13 (27,419 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how can I sell my origin account

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, you can't sell your account.

If you check the terms of service you can look at section 6: Rules of Conduct

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

• Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA.

You can see the full terms here: http://www2.ea.com/terms-of-service

Thank you for the question.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (31,206 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, you can't sell your account.

If you check the terms of service you can look at section 6: Rules of Conduct

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

• Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA.

You can see the full terms here: http://www2.ea.com/terms-of-service

Thank you for the question.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 13 (31,207 Views)

★★ Novice

il have it lol

Message 3 of 13 (27,148 Views)

★★ Novice

Thats not fair. I would like to get the game on console but have spent way too much money already on PC. I barely use the one on PC because of the graphics aren't great.  i have spent money on a game i can barely plan and now it's coming out on console but u will not let us switch over with out paying for it again.  there should be some type of discount or something for those who already have the Sims 4

Message 4 of 13 (26,656 Views)

★★★ Novice

People hack your account and change your password and email anyway and you do nothing about it so why can't we sell them?

Message 5 of 13 (25,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If people sold games on their account, it would most likely be cheeper than EA's price. Therefor, people would stop buying directly from EA and buy them used. In that case, EA would make less money so for them to get richer, they restrict the consumer from selling his or her used games

Message 6 of 13 (24,644 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

If you want to play games without buying them you have the option to get a subscription to things like Origin access, and pay less than the price for a whole game Standard smile

I think games are very price worthy if we play the games a lot. I can buy 4 pizza (Sweden) for the price of a standard game (40$), and I've played several games for like 200-700 hours. The pizzas last like 30 min each.. Also I cannot sell the pizzas to anyone else when I do not want them anymore either. Wink

Message 7 of 13 (24,638 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If you are european you can sell, its ilegal these rules

Court of justice of the european union said that it was forbidden to origin not let you sell your games..

Message 8 of 13 (24,356 Views)

★★ Novice
How to do then? Getting a lawyer is the only way?
Message 9 of 13 (23,909 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant see that its legal to stop people from selling their games, in EU it comes down to a freedom of choice, if i buy something its mine to use as i like. Its like buying any other product if i am board of using it i can sell it. Thats my choice alone to take an should never be limited buy anyone. If i subcribe to a game that would be differnt, but i am not. I have bought all my games and should be free to do as i like with them. I am a student at the university in EU law so i will deep dive into this to see if you in any way can stop us from selling our game.

Message 10 of 13 (21,855 Views)