Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: fifa 17 account ban

by Nicodemus85Sr

Original Post

Highlighted

fifa 17 account ban

★★★★ Newbie

If my ea account is banned for Fifa 17 and I buy Fifa 18 will I be able to play on that account 

Message 1 of 7 (454 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
no as if you have been banned on fifa ur ea account will have been banned so you will need a new account
Message 2 of 7 (435 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

hey @jonyboy021

so as @bobochimp as mentioned, if your account has been suspended for the whole fifa franchise, you won't be able to play either version of the game (fifa 18 or even fifa 16).

there's still the chance your ban is only regarding fifa 17 and in that case you should be able to play fifa 18 using your current account, but the only way to be sure of that is reaching the live support (phone or chat) and asking them. 

Good luck! Standard smile 

Message 3 of 7 (415 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

I forgot to mention that I am able to play battlefield 1

Message 4 of 7 (385 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
It may just be the fifa series but depends on what you banned for
Message 5 of 7 (376 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

hey @jonyboy021. so if you're still able to play bf1 this means your EA account isn't banned (which is already a great news!) however you potentially won't still be able to play FIFA 18 with actual account, as the ban could be only FIFA related (and this explains why you are still able to play BF1 normally).

So maybe before pre-ordering the game or redeeming a product code on the actual account (for PC I mean) I'd recommend to reach out the customer support and be sure about the kind of ban that's been applied to your account. Standard smile 

Best of luck! Standard smile 

Message 6 of 7 (369 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

That you can play Battlefield One doesn't necessarily mean you can play Fifa 18. You could be banned from the Fifa series which means you won't be able to play any of the Fifa's on this account. I'd have a checkup with an advisor to see what kind of ban you got so you know what to expect. 

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 7 of 7 (352 Views)
Twitter Stream