Re: family leave

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to take family leave in Sims 4?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have a pregnant female Sim. The game posted a message the both adult Sims can now take family leave, but it doesn't tell you how to do it.

[CM - Edited title for clarity]

Message 1 of 16 (155,186 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @gandalfwhite69

you should have the option on the phone

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (163,140 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @gandalfwhite69

you should have the option on the phone

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (163,141 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, it's on the phone (just like taking a vacation day), and I've noticed you have to do it every day you want to use it, otherwise your Sim will go to work the next day as normal.

Message 3 of 16 (155,107 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @gandalfwhite69 The phone, as stated above then.. you click the house pic then select "Take Family Leave". "Take a Vacation Day" is also there

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Message 4 of 16 (155,100 Views)

★★★ Novice

What does "family leave" even mean in the sims 4???

Message 5 of 16 (153,862 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@phesselbarth

Family leave in the Sims 4 is the same as in real life. The leave (from work) you get when having a child.

You can talk with an adult if you want to know more about this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 16 (153,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its means to take a vk.

it has it on your sims phone if you have a sim that is prego.

or you can take a vacation.

Message 7 of 16 (151,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie
got is. thanks
Message 8 of 16 (147,031 Views)

Champion

@gandalfwhite69  I have found with family leave they are able to take it maybe a day or two before birth, but you don't have to take it immediately. I usually waited a day or two - until she was showing signs of being nearer to labor. There is some warning if you watch her little squares under her closeup when she is selected (bottom of the screen on the left). If they don't have much vacation time coming, you want as much left as possible to spend with the newborn/toddler, as the family leave is paid, I believe. I don't think she will automatically leave for work for a few days after birth, but after a few days you should go to the phone and select family leave. Once the family leave has run out you can use vacation days. But... if you have not had her call in for either family leave or vacation for a particular day before her work time comes, she will just suddenly leave and go to work. A nanny will arrive, though, if no other adults are there. The nannies are not the best, though. The parents, with your help, do better with the infants and toddlers. I found the most efficient use of my leave was to hurry up and both bond with the infant for the first day, then age them up to toddler. Then you have several days to help the toddler with skills, bonding, etc., for your family leave. Then you can both take turns who takes vacation time and who stays with the toddler. Have fun! Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 9 of 16 (147,018 Views)

★ Novice

I have recieved the notfication and I went onto household but the only option is hire a service-bearing in my mind my sim definitely has a job

Message 10 of 16 (140,879 Views)