Re: driven finesse shots

by jnng

Original Post

Accepted Solution

driven finesse shots

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

fifa 19 has deleted my fav shot from fifa 18 , the driven finesse shot can not be used due to the new buttons for the driven shot R1+L1 , fifa 18 R1 double tap shoot , so now there is no way to hit a shot around the keeper on the ground to the corner of the net , is there a way to change the controls ? or has this shot been deleted from the game ?

also formation change was forever instant and now u have to wait for a dead ball before the formation changes , is this a new feature or a bug ?

the through ball pass has been bad for fifa 18 and now 19 , when u have a forward making a run in behind u see this with a midfielder load the through ball button to make a long through ball and it always passes the ball to the close player instead of the longest player u have loaded the button for , it even goes on weird angles it shouldnt , can we please fix this ?

can we fix any of these , ive played fifa since france world cup 98 on pc until this year where i have made the switch and investment to a ps4 pro , around 850 dollars

and also why are the players so bad with bouncing balls from lobs , fifa 17 they were great , fifa 18 and 19 they cant control a ball thats bouncing , even the best players , can we finally make it more real instead of all players no matter the rating be really unco

thanks

Message 1 of 9 (3,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it on to the team.
Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (3,253 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it on to the team.
Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (3,254 Views)

★★ Novice

thank u

Message 3 of 9 (3,235 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

It would appear that the driven ‘finesse’ shot, i.e a shot hit along the ground using the side foot is now automated depending on your location to the goal. If you hold L1 & R1 just outside the 6 yard box and press the shoot button once,the player tends to open up their body and plant a side foot on the ball achieving what you could do in FIFA 18 but holding R1 and double tapping, however anywhere further out the shot is with laces or if you hold flair button maybe outside foot or cheeky toe.

Really annoying that you can’t decide when to do the driven finesse shot now...

you should be able score such a shot from further out and choose when you want to do it.

I haven’t checked if you get the option back if you turn off timer shooting.

Message 4 of 9 (3,207 Views)

★★ Novice

i think at the moment in the demo ,  that the shooting has faults & bugs , with the finesse shots and the player getting his feet mixed up , when you try to use left or right foot it seems to be a lottery no matter what star he is and no matter what post your aiming at , fifa 18 and older you had a lot more control over what foot you shoot with

Message 5 of 9 (3,190 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

Do you know that there is a button to *control* the ball? Have you tried pressing L1 to control the ball when drilled/lobbed into you? Also, do you know you can intentionally chest the ball? If you lob it up towards a player who has his back turned against the goal, press L2 and you can chest it Standard smile

Another tip, Don't hold down the sprint Button when you're trying to control, makes your touch really really bad. 

Message 6 of 9 (2,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So...

Does anyone know if it is now possible to perform a driven finesse shot i.e Salah’s third goal against Arsenal or Kane’s third against Villa this season without trying to execute that really difficult hold r1 then r1 and l1 before making contact with the ball? 

They almost had has this nailed in Fifa 18 with the double tap shot but since timed finishing was introduced this possibility has been removed with the only real feasible way of scoring a low shot with the side foot being from 6/7 yards out which is ridiculous. I find this so frustrating as a very common style of shooting when one on one and can easily be performed from much further out.

Not clear why I seem to be the only one that cares that you can only really score with the laces from any further out???

Frown

Message 7 of 9 (1,431 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Forgot to mention  in FIFA 20...

Message 8 of 9 (1,429 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Powerful low side footed shots were perfect in fifa 18 with the double tap and someone just decided to get rid of it for timed finishing in 19 and completely removed the possibility of a scoring this type of goal from further fifas, it is a crying shame as it was added only for a couple of years, and now the goals you see every weekend on MOTD simply cannot be scored on fifa titles, the classic Henry/Owen/Kane/Martial open your body up and slot with the side foot from the edge of box onwards is just not possible anymore. Low driven shots with r1 and l1 are not the same, just straight through the ball with laces and no spin, very unnatural looking although you do see goals like this occasionally... I have a real issue with this as was so rewarding in fifa 18 and just gets taken away with not even the option to have over time finishing.

This fella has a good video on how you can do them but not sure the game intends for you to do it, so fiddly to do this, please bring back double tap for a high powered low side footed shot, please!

https://youtu.be/HhCUn496NYs

Message 9 of 9 (1,077 Views)