Re: deleting sims characters from sims 4

by rumbutter

Original Post

deleting sims characters from sims 4

★★★ Newbie

i realised that i have made too many sims character (i made 8) it is too many so i want to delete some, how do i do it?

Message 1 of 17 (206,065 Views)

Hero

You can do that through manage world.

Click on the household and choose to manage it then split them up and you should be able to either move the split Sims into another household (which you can play if you choose too but don't have too) or just delete them.

http://simsvip.com/2014/09/09/the-sims-4-tutorial-splitting-merging-households

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (205,973 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do i put the character i wish to seperate into their own household if i so wish?

Message 3 of 17 (205,589 Views)

Hero

Did you read the post I linked above ? That should explain everything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (205,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i need to delete a sim. but not split. because if i split the sims there will be 2 identical sims running around town. so how do i DELETE a sim

Message 5 of 17 (193,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

for your sims in the household

1 in your game select  manage worlds  that can be done while playing your game

2 select your household click on the three dots(more) select manage household

3 select the pencil looking icon (edit add or remove sim) this goes to CAS

4 select the sim in CAS click on the X  to delete that sim you will get a caution warning are you sure you want to delete this sim tick if your sure .when done tick the big tick bottom right and done an image of your household should appear with your sims minus the one you deleted just click on the X to close it select your lot and go back to your household

edit to tag @Dragggon13

Message 6 of 17 (193,696 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem right now. A duplicate sim just showed up and I keep getting him & the original confused. Unlike the earlier sims games it doesn't seem like there's any way to just up and delete a sim anymore, even with cheats : /

Message 7 of 17 (122,947 Views)

Hero

HI @c_lo1356 

did you try the method linked above through the household manager ?

Are you using any mods like MCCC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (122,887 Views)

★★ Novice

I have MCCC so I used it to make my sim forget their relationship (so there wouldn’t be a duplicate anymore) and then did the cas thing.  It did work, but then the same thing immediately happened with the brother of the sim I had gotten rid of... so now I’m really concerned something’s wrong because I don’t know why this keeps happening

Message 9 of 17 (122,835 Views)

Hero

MCCC has a setting that puts Sims from your library in the game to fill NPC houses. I think you can set it to not generate duplicates so maybe that option is wrongly set for you ?

I cant' help you where to find it though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (122,534 Views)