crates and bounties, grinding limited, solution?

by AleXusher92

Original Post

crates and bounties, grinding limited, solution?

★★★ Newbie

Just a post i did on reddit some days ago. Thought i could share here as well. would be nice to hear the devs thoughts on that. I know they focus on balance atm, but the rest of the game, esp the motivational part to keep us potential players cheered up is also important.

bounties are nice, but compared to e.g. starcraft, i never would want to play a different race than my main, to get something to unlock. As a Terran main, it would be a pure nightmare for me, to spend my time on a race (part of the game) i don't enjoy to play as, even with split ladder MMR and ranks. So pls get a better solution for bounties. Dont force me to play races/units i dont like. Make it sth like: Harvest 1k tiberium, launch 10 missles, kill 20 infantry units, or sth like this. Use 20 commander abilities could work as well. It doesn't limit or influence your own strategies, you can rush the bounties, or just collect them slower with more games played.

Other thing are the crates. Currently there seems to be a gold limit, and fuel is always full. I understand the goldlimit, Hearthstone has it set to 300 gold each day, with 10 gold per 3 wins, if i remember right. That is ok, eventhough a bit dull for ppl who like to grind. However there is Arena mode, where you could play endless if you manage to get 5-7 wins, or so. At least it has the potential to be played a lot, no must, but possible.

My suggestion for fuel, make it be collected a bit slower. It is... "bad" if it is always full. No one wants a ressource, which can rarely be used, that just feels bad. Imaging you got capped 1000€/$ what ever in your wallet and it is full, but you are only allowed to spend 10 a day, eventhough you could gain much more money, if the cap for 1000 wouldnt exist, or you could spend more money, to be not at the limit any more.

For that my suggestion is, that the truck, which takes 3h with 1 fuel tank used, gets a 2-3 minute boost, or let's say, 25% of the time spend in a game you won. So with that, if you play a 4 minute match and you win, and the truck was still 3h away, after the match it would only take 2h and 55minutes (4min gametime +1min due to the win). You can change the numbers to any number you feel reasonable. Edit: To prevent frustration, or at least to limit it, maybe give the winner 50% on the gametime played and the loser 25%, so it doesn't feel like you get absolutely nothing from playing. If 50% speeds up the truck to much, maybe 33% winner and 16% loser, is fine, or 33 and 25%, that would need to be tested/simulated. In the end, a game should roughly have 50/50 Win/Lose percentage over all games played for each person, until they improve, but it always should settle down to this with good matchmaking. Thus you could run some calculations of what would feel acurate.

Tell me what you think about it. Other ideas? Cool, let's discuss this. (Post that just say "get lost your idea is sh*t", don't add any value to a discussion)

GL HF Standard smile

Message 1 of 1 (258 Views)