can't host party

by AllenSteel

Original Post

can't host party

★★★ Novice

I am level 15 in the Sims and I have not hosted a single party. Whenever I try to host one the option is greyed out. Please help

Message 1 of 27 (8,240 Views)

Re: can't host party

Did you already host a party this week?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 27 (8,205 Views)

★★★ Novice
No, I have never hosted a party before.
Message 3 of 27 (8,201 Views)

You should've had a birthday party in the tutorial. It lasts 24 hours and then you can't have a party for a week.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 27 (8,198 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @AllenSteel,

Phantomlover is right, but I'd like to make sure there's not some kind of issue happening there. Could you press on the greyed "Host weekly party" button and let us know what the text that should appear says?

Welcome to the forums!
-Mai
Message 5 of 27 (8,190 Views)

★★★ Novice
I never threw a party in the tutorial, and when I tap on the Host Weekly Party button it says "Requirements not met"
Message 6 of 27 (8,183 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is the exact issue I'm having. I'm almost level 25 and have not been able to host a single party. The button is greyed out most of the time but sometimes is green, when it is green I press on it and it says "Requirements not met". I have three Sims now and don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Message 7 of 27 (8,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
@ReeniRoo Possibly a bug then, unfortunately the Host Party tutorial should trigger for all accounts upon reaching Level 6. After a week then, you can "Party On" (host parties).

Or maybe, your Sims have been in events everytime and that is why you can't host a party.

Let them finish their events first. For example, as you see in the picture at the top, the Actively Selected Sim is in an event (having pink border and a star icon), let them finish it first, or have another free Sim (has white border) host the Party instead.

Remember, Parties can't be started when your Sim is an event, after starting the Party, however, your Sims can go to their Jobs, Hobbies, and Relationship Events.
Message 8 of 27 (8,101 Views)

★ Guide

This may be a bug but it may also be because you're in an event ?

Make sure you're not in a event and try then 

Message 9 of 27 (8,087 Views)

★ Apprentice

@01Reinier & @JuliaLouise1 thank you so much for your replies. I did think that initially when I had the one sim but I completed the current event and still was unable to host a party. I then thought maybe it was because I'd chosen both traits already so waited until I created a second sim before trying again. This sim was available with no active events and had recently chosen the first trait, I was still unable to host a party. I now have three sims, have played four one now retired and have still been unsuccessful. 

I'm thinking it must be a bug because I didn't have an option to host a party in the tutorial. I remember parties being mentioned and needing decorations but I never had the option to host a party.

I feel it is a major setback as I'm playing my sims, I like to have the full experience.

Message 10 of 27 (8,065 Views)