Re: can't host party

by EloquentSickness

Original Post

Hero

@Ivanshoe 

You will need a new Sim. You can retire one of your playable Sims and create a  new one.

Another alternative is to unlock a Sim slot, if you haven't already unlocked all the four available, and create a new Sim. 

Notice that parties reset each Wednesday. So, if you choose a new trait for example today, you will have until Tuesday for sure to host your birthday party. I wouldn't wait until Wednesday as I don't know the exact time for party week resetting. 

If you wait until Thursday you won't be able to host your party as a  new party week has already started. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 21 of 27 (1,010 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. It says I need to host a birthday party before any other parties can unlock, and I need a new trait in order to have a party. I switched one of my traits hoping that would be sufficient but it still didn't help. I have all four active slots filled and I don't want to retire any of my sims. Does that mean I can't ever host a party?

Message 22 of 27 (973 Views)

Hero

@JCGooch18 You need a Sim that has got a new trait in order to unlock the first party. Unfortunately you need to retire a sim and create or promote another before you can select a new trait. 

Message 23 of 27 (967 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SalixCat is it possible to have a baby, grow it to adulthood and make it an active player in order to achieve this? and then switch one of my current sims back into the active/playable spot? i dont want to retire/lose the ones i currently have, but would be ok 'deactivating' one of them for a while.

Message 24 of 27 (916 Views)

Hero

@JCGooch18 

Sorry, it's not possible to reverse retirement but it's possible to change the new playable Sim's appearance so he or she will look similar to the Sim you retire. 

Message 25 of 27 (907 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can't really host party's because I have too many sims in my house the host party is available but guests can't attend because it tells them the party's already full. Not sure how to correct that other then move out all the inactives and retire some.

Message 26 of 27 (843 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EloquentSickness 

There is a maximum limit number of players that can attend a party. I can't remember the exact number. 

This message will pop up to any player that tries to join a party that is already full as there is no room for several guests. 

There is nothing wrong with your parties or your household. You don't need to get rid of any of your Sims as they don't count as guests. They are the hosts Party hat 

FB_IMG_1558421337195.jpg

Was this an open party or closed?

If you want to give your friends a better chance to join your parties before they are full, I suggest that next time you try hosting a closed party. In this way only players in your friends list will be able to attend. 

Message 27 of 27 (834 Views)