best way to play same characters?

by rewatches

Original Post

Accepted Solution

best way to play same characters?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bear with me I have more questions

So, my sims have a baby girl. My question is, when I promote her, can I change her sex into male and vice versa? Also can siblings have kids with each other? I know this is gross but my reason is I want to keep playing the same characters but I realized, that way, I wouldn’t get heirlooms and upbringing traits. So my plan is to make kids and changed their appearances and names once they get older and playable, similar to first gens and then keep reproducing and changing their appearance. Besides, I want to play the sims to suit the characters I have for my stories so I have to change their appearance and sex either way because i heard creating a new sim costs life tickets and I won’t get a good upbringing traits.

Can I just change the appearances of the (promoted) kids to make new characters, and if yes will this plan cost anything? is it really that easy???

Message 1 of 3 (497 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: best way to play same characters?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@rewatches
Yes, you can change the gender of your sims when you promote them.

No, siblings cannot have children. At least they can’t if you keep them “as is.” I’m not completely sure if the game still recognizes them as siblings if you change their gender.

Changing the appearance and/or gender of your children you promote will be free. It won’t cost simoleons or life tickets.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (488 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@rewatches
Yes, you can change the gender of your sims when you promote them.

No, siblings cannot have children. At least they can’t if you keep them “as is.” I’m not completely sure if the game still recognizes them as siblings if you change their gender.

Changing the appearance and/or gender of your children you promote will be free. It won’t cost simoleons or life tickets.

Message 2 of 3 (489 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@simmerdownMAL Oh okay ill just try if it isn’t possible, I still l have my third sim to have another unrelated baby and keep track of their lineage.
Message 3 of 3 (481 Views)