Re: Yet another list of suggested character balancing changes (Not giving up.)

by Hit_and_Score

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

This guy wants Toxic Brainz meter not to deplete upon being vanquished when he becomes the best character in the game when its full.  This list worries me a great deal and makes me wonder how many hours OP has played to make these suggestions.

Message 11 of 37 (907 Views)

★ Apprentice

same here. i dont think he has played the game long enough to suggest any balance changes.

Message 12 of 37 (894 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@rapcorist "i dont think he has played the game long enough to suggest any balance changes."

Says the guy who asked for Captain Cannon buffs.... At least the OP probably hasn't played the game that much yet. What's your excuse?

(I know this is annoying, but you deserve it)

Message 13 of 37 (871 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Superjesse124The max tracking angle for all Roses is already 45 degrees. It was 45 when the game was launched, then it got nerfed to 40 and then it got buffed back to 45.

Your perspective on a lot of characters is going to change the more you play the game. Keep playing and you'll see what I'm talking about Standard smile

Message 14 of 37 (870 Views)

★ Apprentice

It was only the shotgun i requested.
I dont know who wanted the sniper buff. I think popcap saw players do terrible with E-pea and CC but not PetC. They still are.  I still dont see the hordes of them either as people thought it would happen like with citrons.
Y u mad tho?

Message 15 of 37 (844 Views)

★★ Guide

Just to be sure, red is the same as my "optional tag", right? ok

Peashooter: About the speed buff, he would be a bit... faster than intended. Imp may be faster than Peashooter, but with his Hyper ability, he would basically became a PvZ Sonic, don't you think? About the Chili Bean Bomb buff, remember that, despite being weaker, it explode earlier, making it good against fast enemies or stupid zombies... And about Retro Pea Gatling, remember that even with this resistance, the Peashooter can still get vanquished, either by a ZPG, a teleporting Scientist, a hidden pirate and even get the ability canceled by a Jackhammer or a Gravity Grenade...

Fire Peashooter: Not sure if good, or bad

Commando Pea: Agreed

Angent Pea: Welp, I guess that his health was nerfed because of his massive critical damage... I agree with the increased health and reduced damage.

Plasma Pea: Agreed with the with that (but no firing rate nerfs until we see if he becomes OP)

Rock Pea: Totally agreed

Electro Pea: How about we increase the impact damage (20 => 30)? Then, I guess it will be fine.

Chonper: Dude, the Chompers (with the exeption of Yeti Chomper) don't have a long range attack. This makes him a bit more... useless... since all the zombies have something to protect themselves from chompers...

Goop: It's already annoying to turn while gooped when you're a zombie, about that I must agree, but, as I already said, Chompers don't have a long range attack. He NEEDS the Goop. So no Goop nerfs please.

Spikeweed: Miss the old Spikeweed animation, but it's a bit OP while fighting Coffin Zombies... maybe by adding the animated Spikeweed on "non-armored zombies" can make me happy"

Fire Chomper: Agreed

Hot Hod Chomper: Not agreed

Toxic Chomper: Agreed

Count Chompula: Not agreed

Armor Chomper: Agreed

Chomp Thing: Agreed with the damage buff

Yeti Chomper: Agreed with the health nerf

Disco Chomper: I (still) don't have this character. Frown

Sunflower: She's already one of the fastest class in the game in normal means (without speed boosts)

Rainbow Heal Beam: I've done a post list recently talking about similar changes

Sunbeam/Solar Flare Beam: Like the Pea Gatling, it's easy to vanquish the Sunflower and it's also possible to cancel the ability

Fire Flower (I love the Mario reference): Increase magazine capacity (30 => 35)

Shadow Flower: Just decrease the damage. That's all she needs.

Mystic Flower: Underused right now. Maybe better with the buff

Metal Petal: No speed buffs to her. But I agree with the ammo nerf and damage buff.

Vampire Flower: I thought that this glitch was already fixed

Stuffy Flower: How about this: Vanquish: 10 health, Shared vanquish: 8 health and Assist: 6 health?

Cactus: Indeed, she is a bit slower than she had to be (yes, I am referring cactus as a she)

Potato Nugget Mine: K

Future Cactus: Ok, but if we decrease her firing rate, we also need to increase her damage (again, yes, I am referring cactus as female)

Camo Cactus: Not sure if required right now

Bandit Cactus: Never really noticed that

Zen Cactus: ... ok

Petrified Cactus: I hate that cactus, so I didn't even bothered on changing her

Citron ball: No ball form nerf. He's already buggy as hell to me.

E.M. Peach: Ok. How about this: Stuns only Z-Mechs and damages only regular zombies

Citron: I don't really care about his damage, but when he had the bigger splash radius, he became the "new op Rose" for a small while. So... he don't need any changes

Frozen Citron: NO GOD PLEASE NO!

Iron Citron: ... ok

Party Citron: Party Citron is actually fine for me right now.

Rose: Most of them needs some buffs. I liked your regular Rose changes

Druid Rose: Agreed

Fire Rose: She also needs damage buffs

Frost Rose: ... not "really" the best changes in the list, but I agree with the fact that she is strong as hell for a support character

Party Rose: 110% agreed

Nec'Rose: Didn't unlocked her yet, but I know that she's a bit fine right now...

Kernel Corn: Yep. This guy needs to know about the word "nerf" (reason: He's the only character who never recieved a "nerf" in any update)

BBQ Corn: ...No, thanks.

Mob Cob: Sure, why not?

Pops Corn: But isn't he supposed to have tons of ammo (for being a "sniper" variant or something)?

Party Corn: Agreed

Torchwood: Nice balancing skills dude. Nice balancing skills.

Stincky Couds: I only use them to annoy the hell of the enemy or when I need to escape, but I need a distraction

Super Commando: Git Gud plants (this means that he will become awesome)

Tank Commader: Needs serious damage buffs to surpass his rival: the Scuba-Soldier

Sky Trooper: A soldier with a bigger rate of fire needs more ammo

Park Ranger: Aw, come on! This guy ain't recieve nothing but terrible nerfs! geez!

Scuba Soldier: But only he can see the marked enemies. It would be better if the zombies allies could see them too

Engineer: Wait, what? No! I thought that he had a similar hitbox to Soldier or Scientist! Maybe if we decrease his hitbox or increase the Jackhammer speed...

Big Bolt Blaster: ... wut?

Welder: Nah... he looks fine to me.

Mechanic: agreed

Painter: "Increase projectile speed" DONE!

Plumber: Totally agreed

Landscaper: Isn't he supposed to be the... "Weed Buster"?

Sanitation Expert: Just add the toxic aura.

Scientist and abilities: ... I just... have to think about them

Chemist: Agreed

Panteologist: ... just decrease his long range and splash damage

Zoologist: fully agreed

Computer Scientist: I didn't unlocked this character yet...

All-Star: I am Heavy weapons guy. And this, is my weapon... she weights... nah let's stop with TF2 jokes. I'm ok with that.

Long Bomb: really needs a bigger splash radius.

Goalie Star: But he can already freeze enemies to death until they are vanquished

Rugby Star and Wresting Star: Totally agreed

Moto-X Star: NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Tennis Star: He is supposed to be the fastest All-Star.

Imp: let me guess, you want to make the Imp the same thing as Rose on Garden Variety Patch (useless as freakin hell)

Superhero: Really needs a speed nerf

Cozmic Brainz: Don't decrease his uncharged punch, please.

Electro Brainz: I'm ok with that.

Toxic Brainz: No, thanks.

Pirates: Most of the pirates list is just perfect.

Barrel Blast: But doesn't the barrel reduce 75% of the damage?

Cannon Rodeo: ...wut

Hover-Goat 3000: Agreed with everything (except with the health buff)

Ok. Not "eveyone" is perfect. But I liked the way how you dedicated yourself to make this huge list. Most of the changes were better then my list! I liked that!.

Message 16 of 37 (835 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Most of these changes are unnecessary though.

Peashooter is super fine where he places, but i would agree with a fire pea buff,  there's no really reason to pick him over electro or toxic.

Oh, i don't agree for a buff on Agent Pea, instead i want to see a nerf on this character, well at least on pc version... together with Plasma and Law, small nerf ofcourse.

Chomper is not really op, is more like frustrating to play against. He don't deserve a nerf, he should deserve a change, he should have more possibilities to survive when he eats, but, i think this character is very hard to manage and fix, and for the moment, he places very well, an annoting character but very weak.

Sunflowers are super fine where they are.

Cactus are mostly fine the way they are, except for Electro and Ice Cactus, which could need some small buff. Cactus doesn't really need for a buff, but just new abilities to use, to be more versatile.

Rose are fine. Ice Rose nerf?!? Gtfo.

Citron is fine, he was already nerfed to the point is weaker then before (in terms of damage) just to have more smoothy animations. Ice citron nerf? Same answer of the Ice rose.

Message 17 of 37 (819 Views)

★ Guide

Electropea needs a nerf right and NOW. You think that you learn from mistakes? But Popcap doesnt, Jesus they decided to nerf the broken Toxic Pea from GW1 and now Electropea is even stronger? How can annyone normal, create so many fail charactes in only one game. What is there system? Watching the game data: "Oh they dont play electropea out of 200 other characters, lets make him op". Every UPDATE they nerf old GW1 characters, make them almost usless, for example Tank Commander, Fire Chomper, Camo Ranger and Cacti (both got there orginal dmg back) and buff other ones! Heres the cicle of OP-characters being buffed and later on nerfed back

OP-Impcata -> OP-Rose -> OP-Imps -> OP-Electrobrainz/Parkranger/Zoologist/others -> OP-Corns -> Broken/OP-citrons -> Ok-balancing -> OP-Electropea -> Whats next? I want spoilers!

The only GW1 charas that really needed a nerf are Z4, Toxicpea and maybe the chemist.

Message 18 of 37 (812 Views)

★★ Guide

@Schattenpflanze

uhh... your list is incorrect. let me just fix it for ya

Impcata - Ok / Rose - UP / Imps - Ok / Electrobrainz, Parkranger and Zoologist - Ok / Corns - Needs some nerfs / Citrons - Ok / Balancing - IDK / Electropea - Ok

What's next? - I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

Message 19 of 37 (804 Views)

★ Apprentice

Are you saying that because of bandwagon or because only few people across the entire platform are actually decent with E-pea? not that hard to kill.

Message 20 of 37 (787 Views)