XP weekends

by MujiXxX

Original Post

XP weekends

★ Guide

I have raised this question a few times only to be fobbed off by misleading responses.

So... here goes this time:

When were the last two 2 x XP weekends for Battlefield 1 and when is the next one?

I would like someone to answer this specific question please, rather than responding with... 'well they happen, just wait for them'.

Precise information would be much appreciated as a lot of us BF1 players/paying customers are feeling a little left out.

Message 1 of 15 (2,222 Views)

Re: XP weekends

EA DICE Team
Hey @MujiXxXThe last two double XP Weekends we had was 26-29 of October and 2-5 November last year. 

I'm not aware of any current plans to run double XP event for Battlefield 1 but it is feedback I can pass along to the team if you want. Standard smile

/Atic 
Message 2 of 15 (2,208 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for the response. However, I find it incredible that the last one was 7 months ago. I have been a loyal BF player and customer for many years now. I don't really feel the need to play another WWII game so have not purchased BFV - the first BF game ever that I haven't bought. But now it feels as though BF1 players have simply been forgotten. We paid good money for this game, especially for the premium version, with the promise of support throughout the game's life-cycle. But no longer it seems.

How difficult can it be to have a 2 x XP weekend? It cannot take much maintenance or set up. For players like me who don't get to play the game too often it takes a hell of a long time to level up. I am lvl 133 and to get to 140 will take months. So the 2 x XP weekends really help keep my interest.

I believe BF1 has a very loyal fan base with many, like me, who think the game is superior in gameplay and aesthetic terms to BFV.

It is incredibly disappointing to learn that we have simply been forgotten.

Message 3 of 15 (2,180 Views)

@MujiXxX Other than the weekly crate updates, support for BF1 has ended; the team mentioned their focus was going to change some time before the launch of V.

BF1 does still have a loyal fan base but a skeleton crew cannot work on two games at once. It's unfortunate, but that's how she goes

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 4 of 15 (2,166 Views)

★ Guide

Then EA are missing a trick. Keeping BF1 players feeling like valued customers will benefit EA in years to come. EA only has a skeleton crew for BFV and all legacy games? Are they that financially weak?

Also, how much actual work does it take to set up a 2 x XP weekend? I wouldn't be surprised if it was nothing more than a few key strokes; the rest being automated.

Message 5 of 15 (2,149 Views)

★ Guide

Can anyone tell me how much work it actually takes to set up a 2 x XP weekend? How many hours?

You are telling me there is no one on Earth that can tell me when the next XP weekend for BF1 is?

Message 6 of 15 (2,120 Views)

★ Guide

Does literally nobody care?

Message 7 of 15 (2,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Hey @MujiXxX, Let's take a few steps back here. 

I have sent it on to the team as feedback to get more 2X XP events for Battlefield 1, while I won't promise anything. We have been updating the weekly scrap exchange for the game and weekly map rotation. Standard smile 

Update to the scrap exchange here from Jaqub our Producer working on the Battlefield games: https://twitter.com/JaqubAjmal/status/1145647589695676416

/Atic 
Message 8 of 15 (2,092 Views)

★ Guide

I am willing to take a step back but the team working on something that I am not asking about or care about does not really appease me or give me any answers.

How much work does it take to set up a 2 x XP weekend? EA is a multi-billion dollar company. Collectively, BF1 customer have also spent a vast amount on a game that we all still love and support. I have personally spent hundred of pounds over the years on BF games. I just want to know why we can't have a few more 'treats' for us loyal customers.

Message 9 of 15 (2,059 Views)

★ Guide

Still being ignored:

HOW MUCH ACTUAL WORK DOES IT TAKE TO SET UP A 2 x XP WEEKEND?

Message 10 of 15 (2,029 Views)