XBOX - FIFA 20 issue connecting to Online Friendlies to play with friend

by bigdaddy0401

Original Post

Accepted Solution

XBOX - FIFA 20 issue connecting to Online Friendlies to play with friend

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I'm having issues playing with my friend over online friendlies for FIFA 20. I have an IPV4 connection and he has an IPV4 & IPV6 connection. My NAT is open and his says unavailable (I heard IPV6 bypasses the NAT). So is my friend supposed to figure out a way to disable the IPV6 on his router or something if we're ever to play this game??

And also, I must say I'm quite disappointed that this has been a persistent issue for so many people on these forums since FIFA18 and who knows how far back. Especially in quarantine, the only way we can now play is over these online friendly components, and the fact that EA can't deal with the IPV4 vs IPV6 issue while other games like say COD or Fortnite don't care about this difference is extremely disturbing. If an EA mod / employee is reading this comment, please find a way to address this issue ASAP. As one of the largest game developers in the world, it's sad for a FIFA fan that my friends and I can't play just because of a difference in network connection that other companies seem to have resolved. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 2 (412 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: XBOX - FIFA 20 issue connecting to Online Friendlies to play with friend

Community Manager

Hi there, @bigdaddy0401.

Both you and your friend should be on IPv4. You can find help with that here. Also, if they give it some more time, that NAT setting should show up. This can take a minute. Have him wait on that screen for a bit. If his NAT is strict, you won't be able to connect to them. They need to be open or moderate.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (364 Views)

All Replies

Re: XBOX - FIFA 20 issue connecting to Online Friendlies to play with friend

Community Manager

Hi there, @bigdaddy0401.

Both you and your friend should be on IPv4. You can find help with that here. Also, if they give it some more time, that NAT setting should show up. This can take a minute. Have him wait on that screen for a bit. If his NAT is strict, you won't be able to connect to them. They need to be open or moderate.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 2 (365 Views)