Re: Wumples Wishlist Walkthrough

by katclawsx3

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@givememore86 thanks for the feedback, I was thinking of it being a little pause symbol. But with more information being added it got moved between the numbers. I see how that can be annoying/disturbing to view. 

Maybe this helps:

SpecialWW.jpg

The only change is the icons.

@remiaozora passed the feedback on. Understand the need to help your Sims, that is what makes this game different from Freeplay and it's something I hope will never change throughout the full game. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 21 of 31 (1,527 Views)

★★ Guide

Or maybe just change the tab fill with lighter color to separate between days. Sorry for editing without your permisson @Phantomlover1717 Just ignore or delete if it's not good.

SpecialWWedit.jpg

Message 22 of 31 (1,480 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Phantomlover1717  I like @doodle_lass  suggestion. That is easier for me to see the different days better. Thank you both. 😍

Message 23 of 31 (1,471 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Pro

@doodle_lass wrote:

Or maybe just change the tab fill with lighter color to separate between days. Sorry for editing without your permisson @Phantomlover1717 Just ignore or delete if it's not good.

SpecialWWedit.jpg

@Phantomlover1717 

@doodle_lass 

Thank you for the Walkthrough AND for making it easier to read for those of us who are visually impaired like myself. Can’t say enough how much Bolding & Contrast helps when reading 👍

I decided to try out this quest & weigh in with my thoughts  (even though the rewards are imho are lacking the Wow factor and in practicality)

I have to agree with @DBrick01

@remiaozora 

@ca

that the amount of energy used Bake a Cake  &  Read a Giant Book 

seems a tad exorbitant.  While I do like the idea of Chapter Quests, I think that Rewards should be given after the chapter is completed, just in case the entire quest can’t be completed.  

Save a “Big Reward”. after finishing the Final Quest Chapter if developers are worried about keeping players invested in the Quest. 

Really frustrating to do all the work, put in the time, use energy resources, and not be able to finish.  

Been there, Done that, Hated the feeling, 

Anyway, those are my first impressions of trying out the new Chapter Quest format

Message 24 of 31 (1,453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yep, @Phantomlover1717 really did a great job composing all those info into a readable size sheet that fits every monitor screen. 😉👍

It's not easy. And the walkthrough keeps getting better and better. I personally really like the white-grey-light blue color theme in most recent walkthrough. Very refreshing. That's why I can come up with the suggestion.

I already too dependent on these walkthrough to the point whenever an event is approaching, the first thing I do is saving Phantom's walkthrough hahaha... 😂

Thanks again for the great job, Phantom! 

Message 25 of 31 (1,404 Views)

Very good feedback on the walkthrough! Thank you guys!
The blue-grey-white are my walkthroughs @doodle_lass, those with blue-green-white that I share usually come directly from the team. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 26 of 31 (1,376 Views)

★★★ Guide

In this quest we can win a couple of chairs build and a lamp of recycled wood. You can also buy a pack of furnitures for the bedroom and another pack for the bathroom in the same style. So I guess the quest means to introduce you to the recycled wood style.

The good thing about the chapters, is that the quest can feel less overwhelming. Whitout the chapters, you tend to get glued to the quest until it’s finished - even if there is plenty of time. With the chapters, you do todays work, and then you rest. But on the other hand, the chapter means you have to check in every day, which may not be possible or desireable.

You cannot help your Sim to finish reading a book or baking a cake, but you can pay some Sim cash to help him/her finish. And while your Sim is busy reading a book or baking a cake, he/she can not attend a party. Or go to the market place to look for new friends, or whatever a Sim normally can do. For example: a Sim doing a long relationship event at home, can still go to the market place to introduce herself to another Sim or to give someone a sticker. This is not possible when the Sim is busy doing this new kind of quest.

I think not being able to help your Sim to finish a task by any other way than paying Sim cash is the main problem with this new quest type.

Message 27 of 31 (1,338 Views)

★★★ Pro

My opinion on the quest:

Pros: able to sleep at night, predictability (walkthroughs definitely helped), llama Zoom was easy to go through and worked with the quest very well., Nice to be able to get extra copies of items as prizes.

*: 10 gems would not even help pin stuff on Izzy's board, if you wanted to get an extra chair it's roughly close to a thousand simoleons. EVERY THING BROKE on on the two hour quests.

Conclusion: would like to see better prizes, and a better gem amount on the next one. Even 15 gems would be an improvement.

Message 28 of 31 (1,328 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@doodle_lass wrote:

I already too dependent on these walkthrough to the point whenever an event is approaching, the first thing I do is saving Phantom's walkthrough hahaha... 😂

Thanks again for the great job, Phantom! 

Yes, it's true Phantom does a great job on these and spends a lot of time making the posts and helping everyone but what I don't understand is why EA doesn't just tell us up front? Instead, they tell Phantom and she tells us. Are they just trying to drive traffic to the forums? It's not much of a secret if the info is clearly available on the official forums. o_o I hope they pay her for her time, too.

This event has been relatively frustrating for being so easy on paper.

First, I got stuck on chapter one when I had to tap on a laptop. The tooltip specifically said to use A LAPTOP so I spent a huge amount of time looking for a laptop, either on a table or my inventory or in the shops or the various tabs when the REAL ANSWER was to use a table, like a dining table.

THANKS, EA. Your careful testing ensured I wasted plenty of time.

However, I'm now completely stuck because C3.3 requires you to read a giant book, supposedly by tapping on a love seat or sofa. I've tapped all the love seats and sofas in my house and around town. I tapped on the bookcases, just to be sure.

Now, I'm tapped out.

After EA refused to give players compensation when THEIR servers went down ruining most players' chances of finishing the event...unless you contacted customer support...and not just any CS agent...you had to find one who understood English and then one who would actually help you...as opposed to EA saying, "Hey, ALL players were affected by OUR technical difficulty, so ALL players should be compensated." I can't tell you how many CS agents I contacted and how many useless replies and runarounds I got, but the end result is hours of wasted time, much irritation, my image of The Sims as a series is tarnished, and I think less of EA, so if that's what EA was going for, mission accomplished.

Since no one else is saying they're stuck on the giant book step, I guess that means it's just me stuck here, or everyone else just quietly gave up and switched to some other app to fill their time. What was it? For every one complaint, there are a hundred more you never hear because people simply stop dealing with an unresponsive company?

Message 29 of 31 (1,304 Views)

★★★ Guide

No, @uo_fredduck you are not alone. I got stuck at C3.3 as well, and I think it prevented me from finishing the quest. I had very little time to begin with. I reported the bug (never saw the report in this forum tho), but by the time the problem was fixed, my time had run out. I also had a problem earlier with not getting the right respons when tapping a table, but I finally found a table that worked.

If the prices in this quest had been much desired, I suppose I would have been upset, but ... well ... hopefully they get it right the next time.

Message 30 of 31 (1,295 Views)