Wookie is OP AF

by stahn456

Original Post

Wookie is OP AF

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Title says it all. The cheapest hero in the game is the wookie warrior, he kills most heroes face to face and he's much cheaper, what's worse? Only 1 faction gets him! It's time for a wookie nerf, or the dark side needs an equally strong reinforcement character, which they don't have.

Think it's not an issue? Play blast 10 games, EVERY level will have a wookie on top or close to it, and the dark side players will all virtually ignore there reinforcements because they're no better than the troopers, but they get achievements for playing their troopers so why swap? In contrast, EVERY wookie slot will be used, EVERY game, as soon as it's open. This needs to seriously be looked at, I can't believe you let this go on this long in the first place.
Message 1 of 15 (985 Views)

Re: Wookie is OP AF

★★★★★ Apprentice
I know what you mean. Another issue besides the wookie is spawn timers in strike and reinforcements with jetpacks. I stopped counting how many times they've pretty much cleared the area to the objective before you can spawn back in. Not to mention when you do spawn in. You're far away from the target objective. They either need to remove the spawn timer or the reinforcements with jetpacks. I would like to meet the * that created or thought up these modes.
Message 2 of 15 (966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@stahn456 wrote:
Title says it all. The cheapest hero in the game is the wookie warrior, he kills most heroes face to face and he's much cheaper, what's worse? Only 1 faction gets him! It's time for a wookie nerf, or the dark side needs an equally strong reinforcement character, which they don't have.

Think it's not an issue? Play blast 10 games, EVERY level will have a wookie on top or close to it, and the dark side players will all virtually ignore there reinforcements because they're no better than the troopers, but they get achievements for playing their troopers so why swap? In contrast, EVERY wookie slot will be used, EVERY game, as soon as it's open. This needs to seriously be looked at, I can't believe you let this go on this long in the first place.

Wookie warrior is definitely not stronger than most heroes. That's a drastic exaggeration.

Of all the over powered things in the game, I'm not sure the wookie warrior is even in the top 10.

The wookie warrior only needs a slight nerf and a bug fix. I think the damage of his shots could be toned down a little bit but what currently pushes him over the top is the bug on his overload ability that allows him to toggle it on and off with out it going on cool down. That needs fixed.

The larger issue, and Stahn touched on this, is the fact that the dark side enforcers are garbage. The B2 Super Battle Droid has such horrible recoil on his over drive that it isn't even usable. The Death troopers DL is so inaccurate that at medium range a heavy with sentry will win a dual against it despite the Death Trooper having double the health. The flame trooper is absolute garbage due to his lack of damage output and terrible range. None of the dark side enforcers can roll while in overload nor can they toggle it on and off like the wookie can. All of the dark side enforcers have garbage explosives. The B2 has no verticality in his kit making the rocket difficult to use, plus when it is armed you have hindered mobility and it takes time to arm. On top of all that you basically have to bulls-eye someone with it because it has no explosive radius. It's garbage. The death troopers explosive is horrible, it does so little that I'm not even sure about what it does, but it certainly doesn't kill people or impact fights in significant ways. The flame troopers is just as bad. It's damage output is laughable. If you're lucky it might get you an assist or two, but only if your teammates are around to do most the work for you. On top of all this, the wookie warrior is the only enforcer that has explosive radius on any of his shots. Why don't death troopers and super battle droids have this while in overload? 

Then you look at the thermal imploder the wookie warrior gets. It's exactly what you want out of an enforcer grenade. A grenade that either kills who you throw it at or forces them to react and move from it immediately. I don't understand why that's a tough concept to grasp. All the explosives can have their own flavor but they all have to be able to serve this purpose because that's what a grenade is. The enforcer is not a support. He's there to kill people. Give enforcers grenades that kill people...  

The enforcer should be drastically more powerful than a trooper. That's why you pay 3,000 hard earned battle points to get one life with one. The problem is that the dark side enforcers are not significantly more powerful than a normal trooper, not that the wookie warrior is.

Again, nerf the wookie very slightly but more importantly make the other enforcers playable!! That's what we need!

My recommendations for the other enforcers:

B2 Super Battle Droid: Give the Super Battle Droid improved jump like Bossk. Remove the mobility penalty of the wrist rocket so that he can jump and fire it. Increase the base explosive radius of wrist rocket 50%. During overload B2 fires explosive shots. B2 can jump and roll while in overdrive but horizontal movement is still slowed significantly. 

Death Trooper: Add 2x zoom to the DL. Drastically reduce the spread of the DL during sustain fire. During overdrive the DL fires explosive rounds at pinpoint accuracy. Death trooper can roll while in overdrive. Grenade now deploys a coil of electricity that deals significant damage, slows, overheats weapons, and saps stamina of those in range. (can self harm) coil remains for 5 seconds.

Flame trooper: Increased base range of flame thrower 50%. Increased base damage output of flame thrower 50%. Grenade is now a contact grenade that coats targets in a black tar (can not self harm). this tar snares targets in place preventing movement and instantly overheats affected target's weapons. Tar coated targets receive 200% damage from a flame trooper's flame thrower for 4 seconds after being hit with the grenade. Overdrive: Increases the damage output of the flamethrower 100% and affected targets are blinded and ignited for a short duration. Flame trooper can roll while in overdrive.

Message 3 of 15 (937 Views)

★ Guide
In its current state, a single wookie beat my emperor at full health, I used literally every ability on him and double handed my attacks to exhaustion. I hardly missed. He won with 100 health to spare. When wookie can solo virtually every force user, they need a nerf and are op at.

There hasn't been a single post made about wookie that hasn't called them op. They are, plain and simple. They have way too much health for the damage they put out, and an 80% increase to their grenade radius?! Are you insane? That clears an entire room unless you're in a giant one like a hanger bay. Only Fett with his rockets can cover more area. It's absolutely ridiculous. His blaster can't be blocked, he can double his health at will with a short cool down, his grenade can destroy entire rooms of troopers by itself, and then he can avoid the charge up required too? Who designed this?! Someone SANE needs to take a look at it and make some adjustments. Don't make them garbage, but at the moment people with 16k points chain spawn wookie rather than heroes, that should tell you ALL you need to know about the situation.

At the VERY LEAST the dark side needs SOMETHING just as strong if you don't nerf the wookie. Entire games of blast go by without a single dark side reinforcement being called in because they're so terrible. This needs a fix asap just to balance the game.
Message 4 of 15 (916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The emperor isn't a duelist though. EP is designed as a mage, he's supposed to drop his spell rotation and get out. He gets tons of kills but he gets those kills on normal troopers and it's best to avoid enemy heroes and enforcers just harassing them and then disengaging. Putting yourself in a 1v1 against as EP is what the enemy team is trying to do. That's the opposite of what you should do when playing him.

The wookie outputs a lot of damage, this is true. But he has no crowd control and loses his mobility while overload is active. Force users besides EP should abuse a wookie in a 1v1. Boba Fett should obliterate a wookie in a 1v1. Bossk should obliterate a wookie in a 1v1. EP is literally the only dark side hero that a wookie warrior has an edge on in a 1v1 and that's because EP isn't supposed to duel people. He's supposed to drop his nukes, and tickle people while they are stunned and then get out and do it again and again until everything is dead either because of him after being whittled down over a couple rotations or because EP killed all the support and left the enforcer or hero to die alone overwhelmed by dark side troops..

My advice is to try a little more indirect route when playing EP. Rather than going straight in on the wookie play around him and focus on denying the wookie support while keeping yourself safe from him. Between your AoEs hitting him and your troops focusing on him because he's a BP unit, I bet the wookie loses about every time from then on.

Message 5 of 15 (901 Views)

★ Guide
He's a hero with a short range attack. His damage output, using ALL of his skills should be more than a wookie warrior, who is half his cost. In fact, it should even take all 3 abilities plus his entire bar to drop the *. A 1v1 vs another hero and I'd give you a point, he isn't a hero and thus shouldn't have the capability to drop one when under concentrated fire in an enclosed space such as the Hoth rebel base caverns.

You're missing the entire point though. The wookie hits waaaaay too hard for how much health it has, it's the EXACT same problem we had with aerials in beta 1 shotting people and such. They are the new flavor of the month, and you totally ignored the fact that people will ignore heroes to become one. You're trying to defend something you yourself said was op, which makes them broken. The ONLY way I've found to kill a wookie is to have an officer overheat them when they aren't ready for it. I dropped 4 of them in 1 match doing that. They panic and die instead of popping their bonus health and retreating. It's their only weakness, and even then it's a pain to do because of how close you have to get to use it, but if you've got a 4 shot blurg, you can drop them if you take it to cool down and don't miss. A single mistake and you're dead and they'll be full health in 5 seconds. Which is absolutely ridiculous given they're as powerful as heroes.

Nerf the wookie AND buff the empires. They are both pathetic to use, one is basically a free i-win button, the other isn't even worth considering.
Message 6 of 15 (870 Views)

★ Apprentice

They nerfed Jet Trooper's health in the last patch.

250-200

THANKS , now regular troopers have more health with their buffs.

Good times

If I could find a way to get a refund on my digital copy I would try.

Message 7 of 15 (814 Views)

★ Guide
And? What part about this post said anything about aerials? None, zip, unless you mean where I called them worthless?
Message 8 of 15 (796 Views)

★ Guide

@stahn456 wrote:
He's a hero with a short range attack. His damage output, using ALL of his skills should be more than a wookie warrior, who is half his cost. In fact, it should even take all 3 abilities plus his entire bar to drop the *. A 1v1 vs another hero and I'd give you a point, he isn't a hero and thus shouldn't have the capability to drop one when under concentrated fire in an enclosed space such as the Hoth rebel base caverns.

You're missing the entire point though. The wookie hits waaaaay too hard for how much health it has, it's the EXACT same problem we had with aerials in beta 1 shotting people and such. They are the new flavor of the month, and you totally ignored the fact that people will ignore heroes to become one. You're trying to defend something you yourself said was op, which makes them broken. The ONLY way I've found to kill a wookie is to have an officer overheat them when they aren't ready for it. I dropped 4 of them in 1 match doing that. They panic and die instead of popping their bonus health and retreating. It's their only weakness, and even then it's a pain to do because of how close you have to get to use it, but if you've got a 4 shot blurg, you can drop them if you take it to cool down and don't miss. A single mistake and you're dead and they'll be full health in 5 seconds. Which is absolutely ridiculous given they're as powerful as heroes.

Nerf the wookie AND buff the empires. They are both pathetic to use, one is basically a free i-win button, the other isn't even worth considering.

Definitely not the only way to kill a wookie... maybe the best way to solo a wookie 1v1 as a officer. I might agree with that.

The vanguard deals 400 damage per shot, that's more than the wookie's base hp. So vanguard can 1 shot them unless they have their hp boost on and 2 shot them if they do. Heavy sentry will chew through one quickly and sentry grants explosive resistance against wookie's explosive weapon. The CR-2, TL-50, and BLRRRG all chew through hit points at a rate where if you flank the wookie you can eliminate him quickly.

Is the wookie a bit too strong, yes. But is OP AF? No. There are just a couple heroes that need a bit of a buff, and again, EP has an extremely high skill cap before he's good and he isn't a duelist. Wookie is no match for an AAT which is way less BP and gains way more BP. Wookie isn't even a match for a speeder which can easily run it over and costs a lousy 200 BP.

So stop the drama. At least there is one enforcer worth playing.  Nerf him to the point where he can't threaten a hero and there won't be any worth playing.

Enforcers are supposed to be threats to heroes. Again, saying they are better than heroes is just gross misinformation because they are not.

Message 9 of 15 (784 Views)

★ Guide
No, your dismissal of an op character is the misinforming position. You blatantly admit they are too powerful, but you only do so in a sad attempt to not get them nerfed like they need to be. Using vanguard at close range, i have NEVER 1 shot a wookie. Ever, and that is the first thing ive tried. So thats a lie, given the over 10 times ive done it, hitting 2-4 times and only sometimes dropping them IF they can health buff.

Every class you say requires the wookie to sit there almost stationary and LET you hit him like an idiot to kill it. An officer has to land every shot from their blurgg until it goes on cooldown (my favorite class, I know this as I do it often) to kill it. Miss once, or have him land a shot in all that time and you're toast. Assault? Lol, that thing has * for accuracy, and unless he's already hurt, he'll kill you before you finish in 1 or 2 shots. Again, it takes an entire reload and that's if he does NOT have or use his health buff.

The only things you've said right are that some heroes are junk and every enforcer but the wookie is worthless.

The only drama here is what you bring with you. Nobody asked your opinion after all, and I'm growing tired of you giving it when I didn't ask for it.
Message 10 of 15 (758 Views)