Re: Wolverine + Zone trooper spam

by KelinDrawn

Original Post

Wolverine + Zone trooper spam

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

At least one third of GDI decks contains this cancer. It's almost uncounterable and when i thought it can't be worse they started placing Jaggernauts right behind them. Why combo like this haven't been nerfed yet or is it just me being dumb and not realising how to deal with it?

Message 1 of 7 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

You can win against these players in two ways:

1.) Either you have these big honkin' tech units yourself. Then, it is a fight on a fair level and comes down to who can maneuver their units better.

2.) Or you don't let them get to build (many of) these units. Play with an aggro deck, hurt their economy early on. They usually have double harvesters, which you then have to attack. Unfortunately, some people are really good at defending their economy, and/or attacking your troops constantly so as to distract you from this goal.

Message 2 of 7 (513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

The second option is easier said than done, I experience this on many days myself :-(

Message 3 of 7 (512 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

If you’re going for the second option also make sure that you keep charging the missle at all times. When he steps on it you step off so it's never yellow (stalling). Learned this from Excoundrel Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
plenty of good advice in this thread.

Like Mister_Crac said, you either beat tech with tech in which case it is whoever brought the better tech combo wins (kinda frustrating, but some people like this game) or you play "aggro" where you are charging the nuke and constantly harassing their harvs so they can't save for tech.

As KelinDrawn said, always charge the nuke, or let them do so for you. Make sure you are always going after their harvs next. Now you don't need to KILL it. It hardly helps an aggro deck to get a harv kill, but you want to make them spend tib to defend their harvs. So the more defenders you kill, the better off you are. That said, if you can prevent them from harving for a good period, then a harv kill is golden.

It's not the easiest strategy to master, but it is the one required to become a top player. The only viable tech builds at the top of the skill bracket rely on over leveling your opponent through paying. These decks do not do well on equal levels.
Message 5 of 7 (489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Most of the time when i attack harvesters they simply send one unit, destroy my units near their harvesters and send this unit to the actual fight. And charging the nuke isn't the best idea considering it's very hard to keep platform under control and even harder to get it back

Message 6 of 7 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I think master maps are kind of in favor tech

Message 7 of 7 (440 Views)