Will we be seeing the NHL franchise returning to the PC next year?

by reddder12

Original Post

Will we be seeing the NHL franchise returning to the PC next year?

★ Novice

We have been waiting too long for another NHL game on PC. I was wondering if the NHL switched to the frostbite engine, would they even release a pc version? Because as far as I know the only hope for us PC fans to get a new NHL version, is to wait for the frostbite engine, for ex. just like Madden 19, but knowing EA and they're the unwillingness to bring the NHL back to pc, will they even release a pc version?

I am a huge NHL fan, I always play with my friends and I really enjoy it, but personally I don't own a ps4, (I do own a ps3), but my controller is broken and I use to have NHL 11, as a kid, but I didn't feel upgrading since I had a powerful pc for that time and I started only playing games on PC, but I'm still a deep NHL franchise fan and am bitterly disappointed that EA is screwing over us for too many years straight, there have been many petitions to bring NHL back, but EA just keeps ignoring them, and they even had mentioned about releasing NHL 19 on PC, to get our hopes up, and then screwing over us again.....

For reference 

In an  interview with Shacknews, he was asked when the release date for NHL 19 on PC would be. He responded, with a smile: "We'll see", before adding: "We’ re big PC gamers ourselves so we’ ll see. If there is enough demand then certainly we’ll want to cater to that.”

I was wondering what are your thoughts about this and why EA has been so hesitant to deliver something that the fans have wanted for many years already?

Message 1 of 4 (660 Views)

Re: Will we be seeing the NHL franchise returning to the PC next year?

★ Novice

I seriously can't believe that NHL doesn't have a big enough market so a PC version would be a viable option for them.

It's been way too long for the PC without a NHL game. .

Message 2 of 4 (646 Views)

[ Edited ]

If there were any major changes made to the game like a new engine I doubt they'd wanna do much more than the bare minimum (like what happened with the new generation of consoles).

It would most likely be a year after any such implementation you'd see a PC version.

That interview you mentioned was nothing more than something to get you off their backs asking about it. Just enough hope to tide you over until now, when it'll be too late to implement this year.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 4 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

They have been saying nhl may come to pc one day for the past 5 years. Its kinda hollow if they keep saying it and nothing happens   

Message 4 of 4 (607 Views)