Will there ever be another online GM mode again with friends?

by Zanphix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will there ever be another online GM mode again with friends?

★★★ Newbie

Would like to play franchise mode with friends. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,068 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will there ever be another online GM mode again with friends?

Community Manager

@Zanphix 

It's possible. This is one mode that is requested each year, but other features have been worked on first that bigger parts of the community were requesting. If it happens, you'll see an announcement on our official channels.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,042 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Zanphix 

It's possible. This is one mode that is requested each year, but other features have been worked on first that bigger parts of the community were requesting. If it happens, you'll see an announcement on our official channels.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,043 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Me as well. It’s certainly possible, but I bet we see a toned down “versus league” before a full-out GM connected and I’d probably prefer that.

Message 3 of 9 (972 Views)

★ Apprentice

Many of us want this, but year after year we get the same old story. Didn't fit in to this years plans, so instead we'll give you Fortnite outfits to put on your character. I would enjoy playing this with friends too ! 

Message 4 of 9 (826 Views)

Community Manager

@PigSkinRodeo 

Adding gear is a lot different than building a complex mode like GMC. Also, the gear has been vastly more popular than GMC ever was. Regardless, the dev team has put a ton of work into improving gameplay over the last several years. That has been the biggest request from the community. To focus on gameplay first. 

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 9 (817 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

I know it's a lot harder than building something, trust me it's not my profession or expertise. I'm just a huge fan of hockey that has been wanting this back like so many others for numerous years. You and I have talked on this topic before in past threads. I know both you and the NHL team our big hockey fans too, but it's something that could of been worked on a little hear and a little there over the years.  If I could, I wish I could visit EA NHL team headquarters and really hear and see the the process of what's goes into the game and talk with some of the men and women that design this game. To have a better understanding from your all point of view. 

Now @EA_Aljo  hear me out on this. 

I feel that when we look back at the Xbox 360,PS2 we saw a lot more things that showed how different hockey is from other sports.   In all fairness did you ever enjoy playing as your favorite team with friends, trying to raise Lord Stanley while having a sense of accomplishment. ?

Message 6 of 9 (787 Views)

Community Manager

@PigSkinRodeo 

I've absolutely felt that accomplishment, but not when raising the Cup as I play mostly EASHL. Offline modes just aren't as fun for me. Regardless, I get the desire for a GMC. Don't get me wrong. I know it's a mode many people are passionate about. I really want to see it return someday.

As far as a visit to our HQ goes, of course that's not possible with the pandemic, but under normal conditions, there's some playtesting sessions at our Burnaby location. You might want to register at playtesting.ea.com to be notified of those opportunities.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 9 (766 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo thanks, I'll keep that in mind ! 

Message 8 of 9 (718 Views)

Community Manager

@PigSkinRodeo 

You're very welcome. Please reach out again if you have any other issues. Good luck and stay safe!

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 9 (709 Views)