Re: Will there be Battlefield 1 Servers in South Africa

by whateversa

Original Post

Re: No South African game servers?

★ Apprentice

"I just downloaded the game, and according to the server browser, there are no game servers in South Africa yet.

Please tell me those servers are being setup? The fastest international servers have 160ms+ ping normally..."

We are on the same both. But one thing that if SA Servers do is kick other African countries from there servers due to high ping, and I have less than 90 ping.

But seriously EA, the ONLY other continent/region that has 0 results for servers apart from Africa, is Antarctica. That is saying something, just saying.

Message 11 of 33 (697 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Looks like EA is going to have to do thousands of refunds if this is not fixed soon.

Message 12 of 33 (687 Views)

★ Apprentice

The African...No the South African community must speak up, it is really ashame that any servers joined from Africa will be higher than 100 ping. I can not stress enough the discrimination that the African community is experiencing. Do you have any data or a site where you view stats over players in Africa/South Africa?

Message 13 of 33 (680 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with another technician at EA Support, and it was confirmed that Servers will only be hosted in US and Europe and not Africa, so South Africa will have no dedicated server's for now, she will escalate the issue and hopefully we will have in the near further but there is no guarantee that will happen. She also assisted me in cancelling me pre-order and giving me a refund.

So basically you need to decide is it worth paying that amount of money for a single player game because online is not going to be fun....

Cheers and game on

Boertjie_ZA

Message 14 of 33 (673 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

omg this is pathetic

No, the game is certainly not worth the money as gameplay at 160ms+ is utter rubbish (like ea's attitude towards south africa)

Message 15 of 33 (666 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think the best solution to get an real response is to round up all African (mainly South African) players and game outlets to jointly state this cause. One branch from a tree is easy to break but gathering several branches will be harder to break, and also ignore.

To be honest the person at EA support will probably let you wait and the time waited will just be an illusion of effort. So best solution guys is to state our cause.

Message 16 of 33 (651 Views)

★ Apprentice

I totally understand what you are saying. I also canceled my order due to another reason which is to long for me to write...lol

Anyways tried the trial and the campaign was really amazing, I mean I have never played a game where the video sequences for each missions are in the same or worse quality as overall in-game graphics quality. 

I have been playing BF4 and also Star Wars Battlefront at very high ping over around 150ping minimum. I tried the beta and the ping was not the best and fps around 40, but I still killed it and enjoyed the game very much with very low dips. Compared to playing CS GO where it is to the point unplayable, which reminds me..Uninstall:D

My point is this, EA MUST of thought about the African players and must surely assign some dedicated servers for Africa or a region that is close to Africa. I know most ISP in Africa are from asian providers and maybe the by accessing Asian servers the ping might reduce, which is still DISCRIMINATING Africa.

EA fix  ya * quick and respond!

Message 17 of 33 (645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I need to know if there are any SA servers before my friends even consider a purchase. And I will demand a refund if there are no SA servers. So we need an official answer, Is there SA servers yet or is it planned to implement SA servers in the very near future? @EA_Valgard?

Message 18 of 33 (639 Views)

★ Apprentice

Confirmed: Asian servers are not Africa friendly when it comes to the ping.

Europe offers African players a low ping of... *drumrole* 250 ping...wohoooo

Seriously EA, how am I suppose to be IN THE GAME if I cant play on a descent server? 

I need to account for the lag and ping when scoutingFrown

Message 19 of 33 (617 Views)

★ Novice

It's horrible playing on international servers. I'm lucky enough to have a 20mVDSL line, and I'm pushing 100/120ping at the moment. There is a search slot of "AFRICA" but the only thing in there is a big fat "0".

The thing that gets me is that's no reply or response at all. 

Message 20 of 33 (597 Views)