Re: Will not hit Target Sales with this game

by manear26

Original Post

Will not hit Target Sales with this game

★★★ Novice

Hope EA has learned their lesson and all of the video game industry with the backlash for SWBF2. You will not hit target sales and you did it to yourselves...I feel bad for DICE as they were probably forced into the monetization system by EA. Please don't cry about how much an investment these AAA titles cost. Your problem not ours, others are able to make it work without such a "Pay To Win" system. Your not the only one, not trying to single EA out but this is probably the most blatant example of it. Clearly the design of businessmen making money (your greed was too obvious), instead of being in the business of making games...if its a great game you will make money, and micro transactions are not the problem they must be done right and not dramatically affect gameplay and everyones experience...big mistake. Cosmetics fine, certain shortcuts fine...but a clear advantage in a competition....well thats cheating...and you suck for not seeing it that way.

Definitely wont be buying EA Games anymore (its too bad i like the star wars franchise), also i bought and kinda like the previous battlefront...had some major balance issues in that one too.

Message 1 of 4 (393 Views)

★★★ Guide

These game still make plenty of money in profit even without micro-transactions or even paid DLC.

The highest estimated average cost to make a video game is said to be roughly 100 -250 million dollars. To give EA the benefit that it cost that much to make Battlefront 2015 they still sold 14 million copies. For selling it at $60- $80 they easily made well over $840 million in sales off that game. Also with people paying a extra $60 for the season pass. They probably made well over a billion dollars. The game at release didn't even have that much content in it yet they still want more money from us with micro-transactions in BF2. Granted there was promised free DLC but they would have easily made more off of that then selling a season pass. Am I wrong here? because I'm not a mathematician. 

If the progression system was done more fairly then sure have it in but they made it to the point of being absolutely not fun and greedy. 

Message 2 of 4 (372 Views)

★ Guide

What's unfortunate is that EA ruined their brand.

Many of us twenty-somethings and older have fond memories of our time with the original Battlefront game on the original Xbox.

My whole group of friends bought the first battlefront for Xbox One because of the legacy of the original.

None of my friends bought this one because the first one left a sour taste and this whole micro-transaction scandal. 

EA turned a famed legacy into an infamous one; took the whole brand to the dark side.

Message 3 of 4 (323 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i was a huge EA fan due to Madden and NBA Live but went off them after too many rubbish versions of Madden. The 2015 Battlefront got me back into buying EA games again and I was happy to buy BF2. 
All comes down to the types of games you enjoy. Can't please everyone. 

Message 4 of 4 (292 Views)