Will Stats be Reset Upon Beta/Final Release?

by FunkyButtStuff

Original Post

Will Stats be Reset Upon Beta/Final Release?

★★ Novice

Title says it all Standard smile

Really curios about this any input appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (1,055 Views)

Re: Will Stats be Reset Upon Beta/Final Release?

★ Guide
Yep, they've said there is a reset planned for just before release and may be others as required throughout (though they'll try to avoid those if possible)
Message 2 of 8 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thanks a lot! I see you're username is high up on the leaderboards. If you have dont mind, could I ask a few questions?

1. Loot crates give better loot the higher level you are, correct? If so, is it better to level up say GDI first (or vice versa) to get to a high level, before switching to NOD in order to get the best loot possible from the faction level/sector up crates?

Ultimately I just want to know how to be efficient in getting the best crates possible, each time I receive.

2. I want to focus on improving my gameplay, but dont want to ignore building my deck/ using my diamonds/credits efficiently. Could you layout the ground rules to doing that.

3. Whats the most important thing to focus on starting out?

Thanks :D! If you don't answer I totally understand. I have a lot to ask and nothing to offer in return :P

Message 3 of 8 (1,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I wouldn't say loot crates give better loot, you'll get more loot from crates based on your level. As you level up and unlock access to more cards the pool just widens with what you can obtain. I really wouldn't worry about trying to maximize your crates, unless you really want too, you can obtain more cards but it's just obtaining more of that one card then different ones (Not 100% here, but that's what I have found).

Your deck will build as you play, I wouldn't worry too much about it. In the end, it's all RNG if you get the cards you want. Personally I haven't  spent any of my diamonds, am just waiting until I get enough free diamonds to purchase the "Epic Crate" but that's just me. Gold comes by easy enough for leveling up your squads so spending diamonds on that is bad IMO unless you really want a certain epic unit that shows up on the daily offers.

Focus on being aggressive and micromanaging your squads, micro'ing your squads can easily carry you to mid range medals alone and low (Some mid) medals have no idea how to deal with early pressure on their harvester (Pitbulls are fun for this).

Message 4 of 8 (1,016 Views)

★ Guide
Nah, happy to help, I answer a lot of questions around here and on the discord :P, that said, Mavster beat me to it :P, you level up with the faction that you have better cards for to suit the meta at the time. Starting focus, micro is very important, aggression definitely helps, important to keep pressure on your opponent. There are some of my replays floating around in a thread here if you want to see how fast and aggressive this game can get high up on the ladder. Dasud also has a couple games where he tried to put a lot of what mav has said here into practice so you can see a lower level variant on it.

Oh and barracks -> infantry -> harvester (or skipping harvester if someone is all in bike/pitbull rushing you) generally better than harvester -> barracks -> infantry, scouting and timing is important.
Message 5 of 8 (1,001 Views)

★★ Novice

Awesome thanks guys for the help! Everything you've mentioned is valuable.

JadeXyan in the build order you provided you say barracks > infantry > harvester. Do you mean harvester 1 > barracks > infantry > harvester 2? or did you mean exactly what you said?

I've pretty much been trying to get a second harvester every game. However, now that I've played a bit more I think I'm going to only go for a second harvester on certain maps. It seems like some maps leave a second harvester too vulnerable. Thoughts?

Message 6 of 8 (977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Exactly what I said, pretty much everyone over a certain level does that order, it scouts early, if someone tries to bike/pitbull rush you skipping a harvester you can infantry rush them skipping your own usually guaranteeing you the first missile launch, gives you more advance warning on everything, starts hurting an opponent who goes harvester first, renders scarabs significantly less useful, lots of things. The resource loss is minimal compared to the value gained.

I have some replays over in the pinned replay thread if you want to see everyone doing that.

And yeah, second harvesters are a thing I get in maybe 1 out of every 4 games, lots of pressure back and forth in high level games, spending 60 and stopping your production at the wrong moment when your opponent isn't doing that will lose you a game, especially if you then lose that harvester to their superior numbers.

Message 7 of 8 (964 Views)

★ Novice
So does that mean all our cards will be reset after release? Frown(((
Message 8 of 8 (857 Views)