Will NHL 21 Come Out For PC?

by jimmarshall

Original Post

Re: Will NHL 21 Come Out For PC?

★★★★ Novice

with me saying that i know there is alot more to a video game then a board game which is why i suggested the extra year, but whatever timeline would be needed

Message 91 of 323 (2,612 Views)

Community Manager

@Benito218 

We've done polls in the past. For example, the cover athlete has been chosen via a poll in the past. We got accused again and again of rigging the results because the player they wanted wasn't chosen. Polls just aren't always an effective way of getting accurate results. Then, we also get people not believing it's real. This thread has some die-hard PC fans in it. We're not saying you guys don't exist. There just aren't overwhelming numbers of people asking for a PC version. Not to mention, if our own research shows there's a big enough community to divert resources to it, we'll probably do that.

A kickstarter isn't a bad idea, but it's not something we would do. This would need to be handled completely by EA.

Aljo.png
Message 92 of 323 (2,587 Views)

★★ Novice

Exactly this answer is the core of why EA will never be in players hearts.

Message 93 of 323 (2,539 Views)

Community Manager

@holdenger 

You're acting like we're doing this just to upset you guys. That's not the case at all. Would you put a ton of work and resources into developing a game that would keep you at a loss? That's just bad for business. It's fine if you want to run a company that way. That's your choice, but we wouldn't be around very long if that's how we operated. We're able to do things like continue to develop the game, support it, keep the servers up, etc. because of taking on projects that are going to keep us in business. Not every decision is a winner of course and there are times the risk is worth it. We would love to see NHL on PC again so hopefully, it happens someday. This isn't about not wanting you guys to be able to play or not liking the PC community. It's not personal. I really don't understand how this point isn't coming across.

Aljo.png
Message 94 of 323 (2,521 Views)

★★★ Novice

We are not acting like you are doing this to upset us. I know so much people that used to own NHL 15-16 and don't anymore cause you don't invest in your product enough and they don't want to pay for online so they move to pc. It is lack of confidence in EA goodwill toward customers as a company that make us believe that. As a company you are not ready to invest more in your own "niche" sport game even tho you are rolling in dollars from FIFA every year. I know that you invest in some other think that we don't typically see but was Snoop Dog in the game a better investment for reaching new audience than doing a switch mobile or a pc port. With the new console i don't understand that even tho they are X86 base a port is too much. Second is that if the engine cause problem and ressource for a port when you eventually transfert to ignite. The Xbox series X is a glorified pc so is the Ps5 other than the "superior" proprietary SSD witch you will not utilise because you are doing a Xbox series x as well. Steam as 95 million user monthly vs Playstation 110 million vs Xbox (that number stop being disclose).

Just stop blaming the not enough large fan base when a lot of your revenu from a yearly title come from player who already bought the game buying micro-transaction.

Message 95 of 323 (2,448 Views)

Re: Do you want to see NHL on PC?

★★★ Apprentice

@bsnow1112 You also said you would need more then several thousand signatures, so put a number on it how many signatures in what time span do we need to acquire for Ea Seriously consider making a pc version 

Apparently, It has already been done ( Link: https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-release-nhl-19-20-on-pc )
I think similar online petitions have been made for previous versions as well.

Plus there are tons of forum threads and YouTube comments from fans who want a PC version.

Message 96 of 323 (2,427 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo 

I was die hard fan of NHL series since 97. I was creating many, many addons/mods. Even the whole new league (Slovak Extraliga). We had thousands fans of this mod. Only fraction of those people moved to PS/Xbox. This is how you care about your product.

What do you expect from PC fans? How verbal they need to be? The march with torchlights to EA's CEO frontyard?

Message 97 of 323 (2,377 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Knuten21 

Bare minimum I say you need a good 30k signatures for them to even think of it - being extremely lenient at 100k total console NHL purchases that'd be close to 1/3 of the community.

Realistically way more copies have been purchased (close to launch there were 150k players in EASHL alone) so the numbers in that petition you posted are decent at a glance but nothing worthwhile when you factor total scale

As I have said here before, the PC community needa to get a single petition going, not multiple ones with lower numbers

@Benito218 

To be fair, the PC community has been pulling numbers out of thin air and saying the exact same things too. Nothing complicated about this - you just need definitive numbers, nothing theoretical. 1 single petition with a large enough number of unique signatures is all it takes

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 98 of 323 (2,355 Views)

Re: No NHL on PC?

★★ Novice

11 years later....still nothing and DESPITE hockey being more wide spread sport across the world than american football, EA sports is still not utilising it 

Message 99 of 323 (2,257 Views)

Re: Do you want to see NHL on PC?

Community Manager

@Knuten21 

I don't have a number that would need to be met to ensure there's a PC version. As stated before, polls don't always reflect accurate numbers. It shows there's an interest, but it doesn't guarantee all those people will actually play. There are about 8500 signatures on a petition that went up 2 years ago. That's a pretty small number. Then, you have to consider how many of them are actually going to purchase the game. When you factor in the cost to develop and support a PC version, it can be far higher than the return. Then, consider how much it's going to take away from the console versions. It could end up being a big waste of resources as well as greatly upsetting the community as the vast majority of them don't appear to have an interest in a PC version.

Aljo.png
Message 100 of 323 (2,242 Views)