Re: NHL on pc.

by TheJinqstar

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

https://twitter.com/easportsnhl/status/1306992874337296384?s=21

Hey community managers in this post, please read the comments here and let me know your thoughts. 

Message 201 of 323 (784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You merged it with a thread that provides genuinely no information other than "not enough demand".

That doesnt explain why the game isnt on the Xbox Game Pass. It doesnt explain the lack of port. With just a little bit of research, you can see genuinely thousands of users asking for a pc port. With the popularity of ESHM and other hockey games this should be a sign.

Off of rough sales from previous games. we can see what warrants ea making a new game every year.

175,367 sold for, 60$ a copy would equal 10,522,020 dollars made off of last years game, this isnt including hut or other microtransactions or users who bought the 100$ game.

Off of one petition alone, this isnt including any further research. 8,543 people have signed a petition asking for it. This would be 512,580 dollars. Again this is off of one petition and not including the 100$ game or the microtransactions that would be made. Roughly 200,000 people own East Side Hockey Manager, assuming at least half of these people bought the EA Port on PC this would be roughly 6,000,000 dollars in sales off of 60 dollar copies alone.

So if the console version is making roughly 10 million dollars, a PC port would make EA roughly 6,500,000 dollars. So once again i dont see how this isnt profitable or unreasonable for EA to do. I would prefer a better answer, or a direct answer for my points provided.

Message 202 of 323 (640 Views)

★ Apprentice

did you guys really just delete my reply with genuine information and valid points.. I broke no rules. I didnt advertise or send people anywhere, i wasnt disrespectful. Id like my reply to be here as it is a genuine chunk of evidence the community should see. Or atleast give me a valid reason for the deletion of my reply.

Message 203 of 323 (777 Views)

Community Manager

@TheJinqstar 

Your post is on the previous page. You posted to the NHL 21 board so I merged it with this thread as it's an ongoing discussion about NHL on PC.

Aljo.png
Message 204 of 323 (750 Views)

Community Manager

@Benito218 

If you have any questions about NHL on PC, please post them here. If you have questions about NHL 21, they can be posted here.

Aljo.png
Message 205 of 323 (748 Views)

★ Apprentice

I replied to your reply, after my post was merged and it has since been deleted.

So i will attempt to post it again.

If we look at EA NHL First week sales for the past couple of years, we can gauge a rough estimate on how much money or copies are required to sell in order for EA to continue to deem this game profitable. As the main counter-argument i've seen for the lack of port is the issue with sales on pc, and lack of a community.

NHL 15 - 273,029 Units - 16,381,740$
NHL 16 - 226,537 Units - 13,592,220$
NHL 17 - 206,937 Units - 12,416,220$
NHL 18 - 175,367 Units - 10,522,020$

So as we can see, EA deems this game profitable if it makes more than 10 million dollars or so. This math didnt include HUT, other week sales or even 100$ copies of the game. Just the flat 60$ game.

If we look at on of the most popular petitions for a PC port, it has roughly 8,500 signatures. This would result in roughly 510,000 dollars in sales. Once again not including HUT or the 100 dollar copy of the game.

If we look at one of the most popular NHL related games on PC at this moment (i won't mention the name as I don't wish for this reply to be deleted for advertising.) It has sold roughly 200,000 copies. Assuming at least half of this play base buy the EA NHL port you'd be looking at roughly 6,000,000 dollars in sales. Once again not including HUT or the 100 dollar copy of the game.

This would be roughly 6.5 million in sales. Which is close to what both consoles bring in. So I don't see the argument for how this game wouldn't be profitable on PC.

Xbox Game Pass, has made it very easy for console exclusives to be brought to us PC players. But NHL is still yet to be added to it.

Perhaps there is something i am personally missing, But off of my math provided I see PC being equally as profitable only using a small amount of research.

We havent seen a good NHL game on pc since 2008. At this point it feels like laziness and obvious neglect of us PC players, who have been pleading for any form of a port or way to play this game without forking out hundreds of dollars for a console to play a singular game.

If we look at something like Madden, since moving to steam it has spiked in significant numbers. Enough to in my opinion to show that us pc players do wish to play and appreciate sports games regardless of the product provided.

So i will ask again, why is NHL the only sports game made by EA that isnt on PC. Perhaps this is a question that can be answered with something more than "the community just isnt there."

Message 206 of 323 (740 Views)

Community Manager

@TheJinqstar 

Thanks for all the detailed feedback. The reason NHL isn't on PC has been detailed significantly here. We don't have anything else to add to it at this time.

Aljo.png
Message 207 of 323 (720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

As stated. the only argument has been lack of community and fear of lack of sales. You completely ignored any point i made. You merged me here to join this conversation, not simply write me off and tell me to read the answers ive said im not satisfied with.

The majority of this post is people arguing the nasher situation, which im not interested in.

Message 208 of 323 (718 Views)

Community Manager

@TheJinqstar 

I'm not ignoring your point. The details are certainly appreciated, but there's nothing else to add from our end. I'm not in charge of the decision to bring NHL to PC. If we have any more details on this, we'll post an update. You're certainly welcome to keep the feedback coming.

Aljo.png
Message 209 of 323 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

If you cant provide the answers to my questions or feedback who could. 

The only points i see provided i just debunked. Who can i contact for a better answer.

Regardless if you think your answers for a port are good. Id like to see a response for the xbox game pass inquiry. 

Message 210 of 323 (693 Views)