Re: Will NHL 21 Come Out For PC?

by holdenger

Original Post

[ Edited ]

Edit: Hey folks, some of you may be wondering why you're being redirected here so I was hoping to explain - While you're still free to create new threads in the [insert current NHL] boards, the team is under the impression that pretty much anything that could be said, has been said here, and encourage you to skim through all the various ideas/suggestions, rebuttles, and explanations etc. before doing so.

Let's continue to be civil and make NHL the best it can be. Thumbs up

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 181 of 323 (65,195 Views)

★ Novice

Direct copy would be a bit of a rash description. How much does the sport ITSELF change from a year to year basis? Aside from some uniforms, I gotta say, not much. Some games have been better than others, and believe me, I was one of the ones who ragged on EA for being lazy before. But go back and play NHL 17, and 18, then go play NHL 20. In terms of how it plays, it's night and day. They feel astranomically different. 15 through 17 on current gen felt slower, but it was a slower game back then, some of the older more physical players were still prevalent in the NHL. Then you get to 2018, alot of them start to retire or retreat to the lower ends of teams' lineups. EA pays attention. Even though I don't feel like they give any of their games FULL effort, they DO pay attention to detail enough to make a decent game, and to tune it to real life. The game of hockey, sports in general, have become faster paced in the last 4-5 years and EA has at the very least caught that. Also, everyone seems to forget that there WAS a good version of NHL 15, on the Xbox360 and PS3. 15 was on both, though the signs point to 21 not being on next gen, it'd be fair to assume 22 may. And it will be a much better attempt than 15 on the XboxOne and PS4. I sincerely hope they DID learn their lesson, if they didn't, they better hope 2k doesn't jump back into relevance, otherwise, EA might be in some major trouble.

Message 182 of 323 (1,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

EA is way behind the times. Not only do they refuse to make NHL for PC, I just saw that they are not doing cross play with Madden or FIFA. Do they want to go the way of Walmart?

Lets quit begging them for stuff. When someone makes a competing NHL game for PC, lets just jump onboard that.

I have first played on the PS3 with NHL14, and the only reason I bought a PS4 was to play NHL18 through 20. I'm not sure I'll buy the new games once they are only on the PS5.

Message 183 of 323 (1,430 Views)

If you outright stop asking/begging for NHL on PC you're just guaranteeing it will never happen. Better to go out swinging I think

Message 184 of 323 (1,392 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo so make an nhl game for pc thats not a console port or if it is actually meant for pc and not locked at 60fps and see if theres an interest
Message 185 of 323 (1,336 Views)

@Monstruction_Can 

Make a PC only version you mean? If they can't see value in combining one with thr console releases, there's no way they'd make a standalone game.

Message 186 of 323 (1,314 Views)

★★ Novice

Well.... Its not that hard to combine PC and Xbox (Crossplay). Just talk to Microsoft about it. Even if you guys loose money on it you should just do it. You guys have earned enough money from MTX anyways.. What will you really loose? 1 Million dollar? maybe 2? i dunno but either way it will be pocketchange for you guys anyways. 

Aren't you guys proud of your game at all? Is it all about the money? 

Show us some passion!!! Just give us the game! When you support the gamers they will also support you!

Back in the old days games were run by passion, not money.

Message 187 of 323 (1,168 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

EA has more to worry about.

Like this: https://youtu.be/qemmO-h2iFo

Sick of this, NHL needs to be picked up by someone else along with Madden.

We saw PGA tour go straight to the top on steam the other day can someone explain how PGA is more popular than NHL? 

NHL would dominate on PC. 

Message 188 of 323 (1,146 Views)

★★ Novice
@Benito218 maybe it's time for #NHLdropEA ?
Message 189 of 323 (1,121 Views)

★ Apprentice

EA NHL team seems to be tired, unmotivated and going against the grain in many cases. It's a pity, we all expected more from you guys...

This team needs serious competition from other company or a good boss that can handle the job. Competition gives great results - better game. We're waiting since NHL15 for breakthrough in hockey gaming.

Some CM said that hockey is niche and PC platform wouldn't have interest from players. Are you aware of how many people have PC vs people with console? Large smile Geez, check the stats some day...

PS if NHL was on PC - how much easier would that be to pay for your packs from PC? hahaha, got it? nah...?

Eh...

https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/118469488_10221319505193097_5885143051007503111_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=EAOeDKHfO34AX-TZ9Wd&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=7a3f169fc624547ec5f6bbaa558ace56&oe=5F78BC9A

Message 190 of 323 (1,100 Views)