Re: Will EA and Petroglyph remaster the rest

by dcom67

Original Post

★★★ Novice

As long as they pack decent map editors in with each release.

Message 11 of 18 (2,127 Views)

★ Pro
@Nimras
I would agree with you on all counts, though in terms of Tiberian Twilight, they needs to be rescripted since that was so awful it isn't worthy of being part of the franchise. Same for Red Alert 3, that was so full of wholes that in would put Swiss Cheese to shame.

Red Alert 3 Logic: Chrono Technology, Prism Technology, Mirage Technology. All of these somehow remain, while Soviet Nuclear Technology is thrown out, even though that came first. Also, GAP Field Technology somehow gets removed even though Einstein wasn't really part of the major developments behind it.
Message 12 of 18 (2,080 Views)

★★★ Novice

@GENERALZOOL 

I know RA3 + EXP and T4 or Twillight weren't the best and to some extend not belong to the series, but I still wan't them remastered because I loved playing them because they still were good and to the spirit.

I mean look at other franchises such as Assassin's Creed, here unlike C&C the new ones Origin, Odessy and Now Valhalla all bear the name but are 100% not a AC game, the story are wrongs, the game style and way is wrong, its more a Dark Sould/Darksiders/Witcher type game with a AC title and thats it.

RA3 and TW might not fit story wise but at leas the rest is C&C, wrong name and story but correct in everything else and that to me is enough to warrent a remaster and to play again.

But I wouldn't mind a new RA3 and TW  to play next to the remastered version but done better for us to enjoy.

Message 13 of 18 (2,067 Views)

★ Pro
@Nimras
If I was the guy handling the Script Writing for TT and RA3, I'd probably return to roots for both of them. Started together, end together.

CnCTD and RA1 both started from connected story lines, and thanks to Chrono Tech, diverged into the two worlds we know today. So, RA3 and CnCTT could of used them roots. Just an idea, it could easily have been done without the rejoining at the roots. If EA was that badly out of ideas, they could have returned to root on both story lines.

All I'm saying is, if they are going to remaster RA3 and CnCTT, they need to remake them and scrap the original scripts. They can keep the old Campaigns in there for the 'Remaster' sake of it, but create a new and improved story that actually makes sense in addition.
Message 14 of 18 (2,053 Views)

★★★ Novice

@GENERALZOOL 

I rahter saw they remastered them, and then build a brand new version of them with the new improved story line and gameplay.

You know keep them sepereate to not confuse people, as I would still like to play the original flawed ones as is without changes to it lol.

But then again that might just be me.

Message 15 of 18 (2,030 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I would be happy with an RA2 remaster.Standard smile

Message 16 of 18 (2,015 Views)

★ Novice

This person knows WHATS UP!!!! I second the idea for a remaster for  Up too Generals Zero hour (Still an awesome game) 

I hope they will do a Remaster more so for Tiberian Sun/ Firestorm as well as Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge as both games are almost impossible to play on current pc's/windows 10

P.S Yuri's Revenge is my favorite C&C  ever!!! Go REMASTER it ^_____^ 

Message 17 of 18 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nyerguds,-

Here is how "work" functions. I'll use General Motors as an example. If you can't win with your competition, like Toyota, you make a joint product with them and call it a Geo. You try a U.S. made small car called the Cavalier and lose big, so you go to your European branch called Opel and have them introduce anl Ascona in the U.S. and call it a Cobalt. After that fails, you go to Daihatsu in Korea and get them to make the Cruze and Sonic. I don't even remember where the Aveo fits in that picture.

The S-10 small truck just gets clobbered by the Frontier, Tacoma and even the Ford Ranger, so you make small-box Silverados and drop the S-10 line.

It's like rooting for the Cleveland Browns for a decade and waiting for them to win big. You have brands that you like and you want them to do really well so you can get with others and share experiences, but companies don't care about you. GM has been selling cars to the Chinese since the late 90s. They don't worry about the North American market. They gave a big share of it to the Japanese and the Korean based manufacturers.

If you have smaller competition that is really embarrassing you like Saturn, Hummer, or Saab, buy the company and shut it down. If your sport car product is flat out junk, like Pontiac, you may have to just let it fail. But GM could not buy Toyota or Honda or even Kia or Hyundai. They can't even buy the talent from those companies and get some of the employees to join GM.

EA is no different. They'll farm out work to the Ear East, they'll buy their competition and close the doors to the franchise, or sometimes just lose too much market share to keep a game running. I don't see them as having the passion to develop a great product like we saw in the 90s, because the concept is not new. The market for PC or console games is not what it was because of cell phone advances in technology. So, top-heavy corporate policy, lack of development skill or vision and a shrinking market dictates what "work" is- and it all sucks for those that want a great Westwood game to come back, even if they are willing to pay good money for it Frown

Message 18 of 18 (1,009 Views)