Will EA DICE make another modern shooter like BF4?

by JackDropsCasuals

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Will EA DICE make another modern shooter like BF4?

★★★ Newbie

Lately we battlefielders have had some pretty * bf titles. A fast pace shooter needs realism and it needs to be relatable to current times. The last fun, exciting and unforgettable title we had was sadly BF4, that was real eased in 2013. 5 years later and only 3 bf titles have been released, and to be completely honest they are all trash. EA DICE have been trying to perfect the  already perfect BF4 formula and it has not worked. With the up coming playstation 5, a new console EA DICE could have the ability to make an even greater modern day shooter superseding BF4 and BF3 with newer graphics, upgraded physics, dynamic explosions, better sound quality, and much much more. If EA DICE wasn't so money hungry they would actually make a decent game. I still to this day play BF4 on the daily basis because it is the best BF title game I have ever played, yes it as buggy but it was made on ps3. I have not bought a single BF title since then. The 3 made in the last 5 years just aren't good. So EA DICE when are you going to make a game better than BF4?

Message 1 of 21 (2,373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Will EA DICE make another modern shooter like BF4?

Community Manager

@JackDropsCasuals Most people seem to love the direction that the BF series has gone, a return to its roots and while a  modern shooter is fun, at the same time given how many there is a historical shooter is a nice change of pace. Have you played any of the BF games since 4?   

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (2,352 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@JackDropsCasuals Most people seem to love the direction that the BF series has gone, a return to its roots and while a  modern shooter is fun, at the same time given how many there is a historical shooter is a nice change of pace. Have you played any of the BF games since 4?   

Darko.png
Message 2 of 21 (2,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have played BF hard line and BF1. And you cant sit there and tell me that the majority of battlefield players 'like' the direction you guys are going. Lol I cant believe EA DICE would be so low. Most of us are still playing BF4 because it has such longevity. Why is that BF1 was a complete flop? And Hardline? Do you really think we like those games? No we dont and that's why EA DICE have lost their fan base. How many times have you guys gotten feed back from us saying make a remake of BC2? Or a newer modern day shooter? We know what to expect from you guys when you make a older era game, lame innovations, poor interface, lame spawn protection, lame progression, lame weapon customization, all these new things you guys have been putting into BF1 and the new beta out are not necessarily for making a great creative game. Look at BF4, it was ahead of it's time because people are still playing it. But I know the reason why EA DICE doesn't want to make a better game than BF4, they are money hungry and if they made an even better game than BF4 than no body would consider buying another title until maybe a few years down the road. I mean come on, I haven't wanted to buy any of BF since BF4, that's sad. 

Message 3 of 21 (2,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Another thing that's sad is another game producer has already utilized the open space to make WW3. We had so many * titles that another game maker took the opportunity to make a modern day shooter and it looks so very promising. A lot of people have already started playing it and they love it. We battlefielders stay loyal though...

Message 4 of 21 (2,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

As far as I'm aware. BF 1942 was the last title in the series set in a historical setting. Since then there has been BC2, BF3 and BF4 (as well as hardline and other more minor titles like P4F). Your gripes are hardly justified when there has only been 1 historical title since then and once BFV has run its's course, the next will more than likely go back to a more modern setting.

If you're so worried about not getting a modern shooter, then there's nothing stopping you getting WW3.

Message 5 of 21 (2,302 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Here the chronology of previous opus:

Battlefield 1942 (WWII) - september 2002
Battlefield Vietnam - march 2004
Battlefield 2 (modern combat) - june 2005
Battlefield 2142 (futurist) - October 2006
Bad Company I - june 2008
Battlefield 1943 - jully 2009
Bad company II - march 2010
Battlefield 3 (modern combat) - october 2011
Battlefield 4 (modern combat) - october 2013
Hardline - march 2015
Battlefield 1 (WWI) - october 2016
Battlefield V (WWII) - November 2018

So for the next i think vietnam, bad company, futurist or modern warfare (but modern warfare is the most recent so maybe 3 others are priority in ideas).

Message 6 of 21 (2,296 Views)

Champion

No AAA games were made yet for the Korean War. The US, North Korea, South Korea, UN forces, Soviet Union, and China were all involved. Using the atomic bomb (again) was on the table and pushed for by General Douglas MacArthur. It was the first major war born out of the Cold War that turned hot. And, the consequences of the Forgotten War are felt to this day with tensions between the US and her allies, and North Korea. It also seems to be a great segue from BFV. 

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 7 of 21 (2,289 Views)

Champion

Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if EA / DICE alternates between modern and historic. So, it may be BFV then BC3, then BF Korean War, then BC4, etc. Then you satisfy everyone just enough. 

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 8 of 21 (2,271 Views)

Yes i think EA/DICE will make another modern Battlefield but after BF V it take some time, Maybe 2020 Standard smile

_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 9 of 21 (2,141 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I personally like the direction they are going....hopefully they get the balls and release a well deserved over due bad company 3 we been waiting for so many years...

Message 10 of 21 (1,880 Views)