Why wasn't this mentioned EA?

by kwhiskey13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why wasn't this mentioned EA?

★★★ Guide
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/11/13/wheres-our-star-wars-battlefront-ii-review.asp...

According to the reveiw it seems there is no change to the grind of the game.

You lowered the prices but also made it so we get less credits. So that basically doesn't change anything when when it comes to time.

Why were these changes not mentioned also in the lasted statement? Only changes mentioned were hero cost.

***Spoiler warning in the article about the campaign even though it is extremely typical and unoriginal***
Message 1 of 36 (1,585 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why wasn't this mentioned EA?

Community Manager

@kwhiskey13 wrote:

@Fred_vdp wrote:

@kwhiskey13 wrote:
You lowered the prices but also made it so we get less credits.

You get fewer credits for finishing the single player campaign. The reward is equal to the cost of unlocking the campaign character as a hero in multiplayer, so when the prices went down, so did the reward. All other rewards should still be the same.

I don't see how lowering the cost for the heroes and then lowering the reward changes anything it will still take about the same amount of time if you are making less credits. In the article it states there are much more changes to credit rewards not just the campaign. They also made it harder to earn credits in arcade mode.

Hi, as I understand it there was only one single reward changed, the reward you get for completing the campaign. As mentioned this is intended to be used to unlock Iden, but is given as a credit reward in case someone has unlocked her already, or just wants to use the credits for different things. Overall Hero costs are significantly reduced, but the "free" Iden from the campaign completion is unchanged.

Also the article doesn't say any other changes were made. The quote from the article is: "What else is different? I need to find out."

Anyway, I don't want to dissuade discussion/constructive criticism, but I wanted to make sure folks had the right info. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 23 of 36 (1,568 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide

That just seems like a typical PR move Standard smile

Personally I don't mind. Credits we can always get more of, and the complaint is about something we were going to get for free, for doing something we were going and want to do anyway, .e.g play the campaign?

Now we get less for free, but..

...we do get our favorite Heroes sooner, which is what everyone wanted, no? EA keeps its balance and we get stuff sooner; works for me.

Also, if I'm counting right.. we technically got a lot of credits, from a certain point of view:

Vader: 60 - 15 = 45K

Luke: 60 - 15 = 45K

Palpatine 40K - 10K = 30K

Chewbacca 40K - 10K = 30K

Leia: 40K - 10K = 30K

Capaign reward: -15K

That's 165K credits we technically got back.

Not saying it's perfect now, but it all depends how you look at it.

Message 2 of 36 (1,565 Views)

★ Guide

I think it's great that they did something at all.

I don't understand all the fuss tbh.

They gave us 8 heroes to play at the start. 

All future DLCs are FREE. 

Personally I would much rather play the game and earn credits and buy locked content than buy the same game over and over and over again like say Destiny.

It really doesn't take that long to unlock a hero. I've probably played 12 hours now and I've bought at least 10 loot crates. So that's 22,000 credits. And now that I have basic cards I've been saving and have another 10,000 credits. So in 12 hours I've gained enough to unlock a hero. 

Play the game... enjoy yourself... work towards a goal. If you just save your credits you'll have Vader by next week if you really want him.

Message 3 of 36 (1,551 Views)

★★ Guide

@Peligrad wrote:

I think it's great that they did something at all.

I don't understand all the fuss tbh.

They gave us 8 heroes to play at the start. 

All future DLCs are FREE. 

Personally I would much rather play the game and earn credits and buy locked content than buy the same game over and over and over again like say Destiny.

It really doesn't take that long to unlock a hero. I've probably played 12 hours now and I've bought at least 10 loot crates. So that's 22,000 credits. And now that I have basic cards I've been saving and have another 10,000 credits. So in 12 hours I've gained enough to unlock a hero. 

Play the game... enjoy yourself... work towards a goal. If you just save your credits you'll have Vader by next week if you really want him.

That needs a repeat Standard smile Well said.

Message 4 of 36 (1,545 Views)

Hero

@kwhiskey13 wrote:

You get fewer credits for finishing the single player campaign. The reward is equal to the cost of unlocking the campaign character as a hero in multiplayer, so when the prices went down, so did the reward. All other rewards should still be the same.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 36 (1,511 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Peligrad did you buy crystals at all you help you progress faster? or is this simply based off game play alone.

The "free DLC" and other content is completely off topic and is easily another discussion/issue it's self. Main issue here is the cost to unlock everything without having to pay micro-transactions.

My biggest issue with the game if it is a long grind to unlock the powerful heroes and cards I want. I absolutely hate micro-transactions and how loot boxes tie into progression. It makes me feel like I have no choice but to pay more to unlock everything in a decent time so I can keep up with other players who pay more money to progress faster and end up killing me because they have much stronger cards. The rank restrictions they put in place do not seem to be effective at all.

I want to play the game and enjoy it but just how the progression system is setup from what I have seen it makes the game completely not enjoyable for me.  

Message 6 of 36 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Fred_vdp wrote:

@kwhiskey13 wrote:

I don't see how lowering the cost for the heroes and then lowering the reward changes anything it will still take about the same amount of time if you are making less credits. In the article it states there are much more changes to credit rewards not just the campaign. They also made it harder to earn credits in arcade mode.

Message 7 of 36 (1,469 Views)

★ Guide
Nope didn’t buy any crystals. The issue is related.

EA is working on this game adding content and they need to get paid for that. If the DLCs are free they need some selling point. Heroes are it.

By putting out 6 heroes at launch behind a paywall they nearly garauntee that we will not have a pile of credits stored up prior to the first DLC to buy the new heroes unless we opened our wallets. It’s all a strategy.
Message 8 of 36 (1,446 Views)

★★ Guide

A simple way to balance the loot crate system would be to mirror it with the user. How about EA just give us the game and we randomly decide how much we want to pay them for it. That seems only fair considering all their pulling.

Message 9 of 36 (1,382 Views)

★ Guide

How about you pay for the game and EA gives you credits that you choose to spend either on loot crates or heroes.

Oh wait... they are doing that.

This system is not unfair. The credit allowance that EA is giving active players is more than fair...

They are also giving you a daily login allowance. They are also paying you back for duplicates. They are also rewarding you for playing all aspects of the game through achievements.

The resource income of this game is considerably better than what I've seen from other games that received a lot less criticism.

I really don't understand all the whining... then again I'm the kind of person who loved WoW back in vanilla and stopped playing when the crybabies dumbed down and ruined the game... 

Message 10 of 36 (1,370 Views)