Re: Why no price for top player?

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

Why no price for top player?

★ Guide

Just thought about this when you guys released the Rivals Race. Why isn't there always a rivals race for the top positions?

I don't mean you give free skins for top player every season, but some type of price, diamond bag or gold. just to give a good motivation for players to compete for the top spot.

I usually only do my bounties and then stop playing, but this rivals race have actually made me play a lot more these past hours.

I heard there's no price for top player in the game and this would be a nice feature. Top 3 players get something every season end. (Too bad Alicia Destiny never got anything)

Message 1 of 4 (311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

If you give out prizes to top players from which they directly benefit by being able to upgrade their units, this means that it will be even more difficult to beat them than it already is.

Vanity items like unit skins, explojis etc. seem to me to be a good idea as a prize.

Message 2 of 4 (289 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

If you give out prizes to top players from which they directly benefit by being able to upgrad their units, this means that it will be even more difficult than it is already to beat them.

Vanity items like unit skins, explojis etc. seem to me to be a good idea as a prize.

A suggested prize? I would say a reset button that brings all your units back to level 1, 3 and 5 (depending on unit rarity). All the cards get averaged according to how rare they are and all the credits you spent on upgrading the units are given back to you. You could then choose which units to level up and which to place at the lowest levels. If you have 20 shock-wave trooper cards and 10 missile squad cards, both will become 15 cards. You also unlock the ability to level up your unit to the desired level immediately (level 8 and 2 bars, level 10 and 1 bar or level 12 and 3 bars) without tapping again and again. The player's total credit amount is multiplied by 1.2 and each card he has is multiplied by 1.5. 8 Avatar cards becomes 12 cards, 1400 cyber wheel cards becomes 2100 cards and 20 million credits becomes 24 million credits. Only the top 50% of tiberium players can get access to this along with anyone who has successfully completed the Rivals Champions Tournament. New mode rewards a small cache of gems per node and the last node is this one time ability.

Message 3 of 4 (281 Views)

★ Guide

??????

Okay make a new skin every month boys.

Seriously, usually you win real money every monthly reset, but this is a mobile game so easiest reward is to give them in-game currency, will cost the developers 0 effort to add.

And well, play harder if you want that reward, good for them to get more income to buy their units if they fought that hard to get top 1.

Message 4 of 4 (275 Views)