Why is the vast music library of star wars not utilized more in this game??

by raidernaphtali

Original Post

Why is the vast music library of star wars not utilized more in this game??

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Why is their no ambient combat music, and momentum music, for example when the empire starts to win why not have the scarif death trooper theme, or maybe after a hero gets a number of kills their theme.  I feel like this is one of the most underutilized aspects of this game

Message 1 of 6 (838 Views)

Re: Why is the vast music library of star wars not utilized more in this game??

★★★ Pro

I've posted the same thoughts shortly after the game's launch, and even tried to bump the topic a few times, but nobody really seemed to care about it, nor have any CMs answered it.

I agree, and even if they use actual music from the movies, it is many times totally off - EP1 Naboo battle tracks while playing as the Empire, for example.

All I could think of is that using original SW music costs extra with all the copyright issues and such - there is really no other reason for this to be underwhelming.

Message 2 of 6 (803 Views)

I also would vote for more variety in the music! 

A few months ago, photo's where released that more music was created for the game for the clone wars season. So I do believe more is coming to the game.

I am not sure if every piece of music must be created again instead of using the film scores. If they can add some of those scores that would be amazing for the continuous music option

Message 3 of 6 (784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DYSPROssium

As I said, this really could be a matter of rights to use the tracks. EA/DICE may have rights to use the Star Wars universe and characters, but I'm not sure that instantly covers music aswell. If I'm right, then using licensed music would cost additional amounts of money for EA - something they might want to avoid.

But this is why an official statement would be appreciated on this, so we don't have to rely on guesswork.

Also, I'd even appreciate if they adjusted some of the already used tracks - like I've mentioned, the music many times does not match the fraction and era being played.

Also, even if it isn't official SW movie music, I'd appreciate if we had different near-victory and near-defeat tracks instead of the same one playing, that simply indicates the match is almost over, without taking the team's standing into account. Even if we are winning, the game will play that kinda stressful track, indicating that we are almost out of time - but maybe that's exactly what our team needs, so the music is completely out of touch.

Additionally, different Victory and Defeat themes would be nice for every fraction.

Message 4 of 6 (776 Views)

Pretty solid suggestions, @felker_s with which I can only agree.

For me, Star Wars music is really what makes it great and drives the story. Different tracks for faction (era) and hero/villains would be so cool. 

For example, if you play Darth Maul, (if you have set it on continuous music), why not hear duel of the fates the whole time. That would make it so much better. And if someone is not a fan of hearing the music, then you can turn it off by selecting normal music instead of continuous. 

Imagen hearing the Imperial march the moment you spawn in as Darth Vader in the death star. It really adds a lot to the game.

I wish they stepped up the game by including a better music system, using different tracks for era's and hero themes.

Message 5 of 6 (765 Views)

★★★ Pro

@DYSPROssium

Yes, Maul and Duel of the Fates was also my example when I made my old topic - some kind of "smart" system, with which the music kicks in while you're on a killing spree.

Message 6 of 6 (761 Views)