Re: Why is the is BF1 xbox editon more expensive than the PC edition?

by Navigando

Original Post

Why is the is BF1 xbox editon more expensive than the PC edition?

★★★★★ Newbie

As an Xbox One player of battlefield games I feel that the £54.99 price mark is very expensive for the game. To then also spend another £40 to get Premium. The game is nearly £100 a copy for the entire content.

I contacted Xbox about this and they explained that they follow EA's recommended retail price of £54.99 but yet the PC edition containing the same content and pre order bonuses ranges from £30-£40. All it is, is a different platform. I feel quite disgusted by this that there is an average of £20 difference. At the moment I don't feel like I can afford to spend £55 on one game which upsets me a lot as a long term Battlefield fan. 

I just want to know why this is EA and explain why there is such a large price gap between them.

Message 1 of 4 (500 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
Hi @lukeseaman1,
first of all normally a console game is more expensive than pc (not only XBOX and not only EA)

The reasons are, for sure, several (ex developing, marketing ecc, not list the market too).

For me one of the principal reasons is the royalty for the consoles house.

Navigando

If it was useful, please Grant XP and accept this Answer as Solution
[I do not work for EA!]
Message 2 of 4 (456 Views)

★ Guide

@lukeseaman1

Very typical pricing...nothing new.

In the US it is $60 for base game and I got premium and deluxe on sale...so I got a bargain.

Message 3 of 4 (445 Views)

★ Apprentice

they typically stagger the sales between platforms but when comparing the sales price I think PC gets sweeter deals on different titles. all of the major gaming companies have been doing this. what drives me crazy is when they offer disc version at sale price but the downloaded version at full price,

Message 4 of 4 (413 Views)