Why is Madden saying my name is profane?

by Jerrit92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is Madden saying my name is profane?

★★★ Newbie

Have been playing madden since 2004 and all of a sudden I get madden 21 is it’s telling me my last name Judie is profane? Completely ruined my madden 21 experience spent the last year still playing madden 20 because I can use my name 

Message 1 of 9 (2,552 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why is Madden saying my name is profane?

Community Manager
@Jerrit92

Saw you replied to the post below, we'll pass it along. Thanks for flagging that down.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/My-last-name-is-alerted-as-profane-language/m-p/10548507/...
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (2,525 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@Jerrit92

Saw you replied to the post below, we'll pass it along. Thanks for flagging that down.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/My-last-name-is-alerted-as-profane-language/m-p/10548507/...
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 9 (2,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have always used my lastname for my madden profile but lastnight it was reset. I’ve never had a problem with the lastname Ketchum 

Message 3 of 9 (2,309 Views)

Name picked up as profanity in madden

★★ Novice

whom this may concern,

I pre-ordered Madden as I do each year and I was excited to get started for the early release date. Upon loading the game it asks to enter your name and information to create a player (as it would in face of the franchise or any other mode where a player is created). 

When entering my last name i was prompted with an error saying it is unable to input my name due to profane language. My last name is Foy. I have been able to use my name in every game up to Madden 21, and even have had in game announcers say my name during gameplay in past editions. 

Why does my last name not work in Madden 21? My last name is not profane language. Is there any way to get this patched so that I can use my last name for customization purposes?

Thank you kindly,

Adam Foy 

Message 4 of 9 (2,277 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same thing is happening to my first name, Jude. Ive research and have found no reason for making jud- profane

Message 5 of 9 (2,098 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, Madden Community.

Some names may not be eligible in our filtering system due to agreements with various schools and our commitment to preventing the use of current college player’s name/image/likeness. This filtering has been in place since the integration of Face of the Franchise.

Electronic Arts is committed to making our games and experiences fun, fair and safe for everyone. We use various tools to achieve this, including tools to filter inappropriate user-generated content in areas like in-game chat and EA Account, player and team names. 

We want to be very thoughtful and consider several things in our filter rules including:

• the types of content players report to us most, 
  • historically hateful concepts, 
  • trending offensive terms,
  • game rating,
  • and names that may not be eligible due to agreements.

Check out the EA Positive Play Charter to see what kinds of content you can use to keep things positive.

Unfortunately, because of the disruptive behavior of a few members in our gaming community who use certain words or names to harass other players or to glorify offensive conduct, our filter prevents anyone from using those words or names. 

We think it's best to proactively eliminate any potential harm or disruption these terms can cause for players of all backgrounds. 

Sometimes our filter makes mistakes when a word or name is similar to an offensive term. If that is the case, we’ll fix it as soon as we can. With monitoring and reports from players, we aim to balance things so that players can speak freely in chat, be creative in their names, and still remove the most disruptive content.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 9 (2,064 Views)

My last name is Shirah. How is this offensive? Seriously, someone tell me. I’ve tried googling it, see nothing. 

Message 7 of 9 (2,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same my name is jude but when I type it in it says profane what in jude is profane I don’t understand I have to put June for it to work 

Message 8 of 9 (1,682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey EA,

My name is Cristian Piedra and I am receiving an error saying my last name "Piedra" contains a profane word. How is my last name profane? I would like to be able to create myself in the game. I've been playing madden since the 90s. I can understand cracking down on specific names, but there has to be a bug of some kind. Piedra is not a profane word in any language. Please update this and fix this issue. Please let me know what I can do to help resolve this issue. 

EA please don't kill the fantasy of us being able to play in the "NFL". 

Thanks,

Cristian Piedra

Message 9 of 9 (1,154 Views)