Re: Why is EA pricing so damn HIGH?

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

Why is EA pricing so damn HIGH?

★ Guide

What is with all the overly expensive items?

if you start with nothing and want to purchase your way up to the middle of levels for all your units, it will cost over $100! if you want the vanity stuff that is another $50 bucks, between 5 and 7 for boosts that are temporary. than there is promo offers that are $10 and more, that barely get you anywhere, and you are not guarantee any cards you want.

EA please explain your market strategy with this. Most new store bought games are around 60 bucks. and most people think that is fair for full access to everything the game as to offer. but that is not what you have with this game and some of your other games. WHY!

I will tell you and there are tons more people like me, when we say if you reduce the pricing we be more willing to pay. I understand wanting to get paid, but this is crazy.

and it is clear you are using tactics to force people to pay especially for the higher units. You curb unit growth drastically at higher levels, so if people want a level edge they are force to pay. This is the direct meaning of P2W!  and it is clear you cater to this group!

There are those who will only play for free, but there is a whole group that are willing to cross over, if you were not going crazy with prices and catering to the P2W group!

I love C&C, but this is messed up!

Message 1 of 7 (939 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Oh come on you don’t really need to pay to win this game. All you need to enjoy is play 10 matches daily, go for events, and ignore the store. I did pay like 20 us dollar it’s just because I think every game deserves some money and that’s the max I can give. I made myself into tib in last two seasons and had a really good time Standard smile

Message 2 of 7 (928 Views)

I've been saying in multiple threads that if EA charged a dollar, they would make more money on upgrades. But what do I know? 

What I do know is that people like myself would pay the dollar for an upgrade rather than getting nothing because it's too expensive.

Message 3 of 7 (911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@XMasterBishopX wrote:

Why is EA pricing so damn HIGH?

Because Electronic Arts is a big, soulless corporation run by managers who have zero clue how to do things right.

Message 4 of 7 (894 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xrmiao4 wrote:

Oh come on you don’t really need to pay to win this game. All you need to enjoy is play 10 matches daily, go for events, and ignore the store. I did pay like 20 us dollar it’s just because I think every game deserves some money and that’s the max I can give. I made myself into tib in last two seasons and had a really good time Standard smile

I see your point. Still, EA's pricing policy is completely messed up. There's a reason why there is a "micro" in microtransaction, where micro means small.

All of this is severly worsened by the fact that European customers have to pay a lot more than US customers. It seems that the top of EA's management is already braindead, since if they had any intention of doing things right, they would use their market power to force Google to set fair prices in the Play store. Or if Google refuses to do so, then EA should create a different way of distributing their mobile games. Then we would see that EA actually cares about their customers, not solely about their customers' money.

Disclaimer: I have spent exactly 96.20 Euros on this game, but for the time being I refuse to spend any more money until EA shows any signs of willingness to set things straight.

Message 5 of 7 (888 Views)

Not exactly a direct comparison to AA quality games for $60USD.  A slightly better comparison would be to an MMO with on going development of content and server infrastructure.  Typically, new MMOs have the upfront cost plus the monthly subscription of $10-$15USD.  So if you could spend roughly $100-$150USD per year on this game, it would be more in line with that.  However, this game probably isn't polished enough nor has the depth to really deserve that.

Message 6 of 7 (856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I would be totally fine with a monthly subscription fee of roundabout 10 US dollars depending on the circumstances. But the question is, what exactly do I get in return? For a game that is in version 1.5, there is still a lot missing from C&C Rivals.

Message 7 of 7 (848 Views)