Why doesn't Battlefield 1 have Skirmish Mode?

by SquarerFive

Original Post

Why doesn't Battlefield 1 have Skirmish Mode?

★★★★ Novice

Keep singleplayer campaign out of this, thanks.

I am not a good player, I played through the singleplayer alread - which is not practice. 

Will there be a mode like in Battlefront called "skirmish" which you fight with and against AI ?

Message 1 of 7 (2,898 Views)

Re: Why doesn't Battlefield 1 have Skirmish Mode?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I don't think because they are no coop mode vs IA in the start game.

And i don't think that's a very requested query, as more solo story sadly.

If we have answer to your question don't forget to accept message as solution Standard smile

Message 2 of 7 (2,885 Views)

★★★ Guide

DICE haven't mentioned including one unfortunately, likely since it would be something they'd need program into the game from scratch making navmeshes for all the multiplayer maps so bots don't spend most of their time getting stuck on geometry or running in circles - the Skirmish mode for Battlefront was fairly basic, featuring only two gamemodes and most vanilla maps. While it would definitely be a cool addition the inclusion of such a Versus A.I gamemode was dropped fairly early into the Battlefield franchise, debateably with either Bad Company 2's console co-op mode or the older games like Battlefield 2.

Message 3 of 7 (2,881 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The could just test it in CTE with the AI, I don't understand why it is so hard for them to add it in Battlefield 1. It is using the same engine as Battlefront, maybe they could port the ai system from Battlefront to Battlefield 1, lots of players will be happy and there will be more traffic into the game. Also I like playing lan.

AI Bots in Operations Gamemode, similar to battlefront. 

Message 4 of 7 (2,767 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think battlefield 5 should come with skrimish mode for two reasons. Reason #1 If you don't pay for playstaton plus or online membership you can play and get the online experience. Plus killing and dominating bots are really fun. Reason #2 it gives new players a chance to Learn how to play the game and know what to do. Like I said kill bots is really really fun please dice listin this will be good for the game.

Message 5 of 7 (2,275 Views)

Re: Why doesn't Battlefield 5 have Skirmish Mode?

★★★ Newbie

@SquarerFive wrote:

Keep singleplayer campaign out of this, thanks.

I am not a good player, I played through the singleplayer alread - which is not practice. 

Will there be a mode like in Battlefront called "skirmish" which you fight with and against AI ?

I think battlefield 5 should come with skrimish mode for two reasons. Reason #1 If you don't pay for playstaton plus or online membership you can play and get the online experience. Plus killing and dominating bots are really fun. Reason #2 it gives new players a chance to Learn how to play the game and know what to do. Like I said kill bots is really really fun please dice listin this will be good for the game.

Message 6 of 7 (2,274 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
it would be silly to play against bots at this level of AI development. And answer me, why make the games look like each other?
Message 7 of 7 (2,248 Views)