Re: Why does DICE enables and supports cheating?

by KBAYSTSB

Original Post

Why does DICE enables and supports cheating?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey

I never in my life have seen a company spit on the face of it's costumers like this

I reported a player via origin countless times, with video proof, wrote many emails

Guess what, this guy still cheats 

If you support this, you are just as bad as the persons who do it 

It isnt that hard to ban this guy, if you actually care about your players

(removed video no name and shame on the forums) - Atic 

Message 1 of 9 (1,621 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@JuddV10 BF1 is no longer supported that's why, the game is possibly at less than 10k active players per day with PC and Consoles combined.

I put many hours into BF1 from the start and rarely had any cheater issues, but when I did they were reported and actually banned. At the time it used to give you an in-game chat notification showing who got banned.

But yeh they're not going to throw resources at a pretty much dead game unfortunately, not to mention they have already shifted focus off BFV to BF6.
Message 2 of 9 (1,579 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@CarbonCarl I mean, you don't stop banning people just because you are working on a new game

How about having an anti cheat that does the work?
Message 3 of 9 (1,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@JuddV10They do have an anti-cheat that works but it works based on stats and nothing else, it doesn't detect cheat software or anything like that hence why there's so few bans.

Most bans are issued by real people who review reports and have to investigate etc so there is no way they are going to delegate people to BF1 sifting through reports on a practically non existent player base.

This applies to most if not all multiplayer games and not just EA games neither.

And just add more on the anti-cheat side of things, there is much better anti-cheats out there but the problem is everyone complains about them for being too intrusive, so the devs can't win. They add a good anti-cheat people complain, they don't add a good anti-cheat people complain lol.

I'm definitely all for blocking and banning cheats etc, I can safely say iv'e been through a fair few controllers and keyboards in my lifetime because of them, but I want those bans etc to be issued and focused on in their current games not their old ones, that is just my personal opinion.

Message 4 of 9 (1,541 Views)

★ Novice

I can understand why Dice would move to their newer games, however, why would anyone purchase a newer Battlefield game knowing that at some point in the future Dice will allow it to turn into complete junk. There is a new cheat for Battlefield 1 that is ruining the game, I see it as a big discouragement to new BF1 gamers (or anyone who considers the purchase of a newer Battlefield game), why continue the sale of the game without any support and no disclaimer that states "you are on your own".

With the abuse that now exists on the BF1 chat and the ever present game cheats (that players can not seem to do anything about), it may be wiser for Dice to shut down their BF1 servers and issue refunds!

I continue to be a giant fan of BF1, but with the direction it has taken it may also be my last Battlefield game....

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 9 (1,437 Views)

★★★ Guide

Totally agree. If that's how Dice see the world, I don't get how that's a sustainable business model. Unless there's some type of affirmative action taken in the next BF game where they clearly call out improvements to anti-cheating I won't be buying the game. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,401 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@CarbonCarl, with all do respect, I know you won't believe it but Battlefield 2042, which is a new supported game (Battlefield 6) has cheaters too. There is no excuse. Dice has no excuse. Now it's not as rampant as Battlefield 5, but they are there, seen many people complaining about it. You cannot get away with the argument "they don't support it, because it's a dead game". BF5, BF4 and BF1 aren't dead. Not by players at least. How is it dead? Only because Dice doesn't support it? That's not what makes a game dead. A game is dead when you can't find any full servers. I find still servers. Now of course the player base is now a bit smaller. So, I guess it's a bit more dead. But it's not. And Dice got no excuse to not help prevent the older games from being overtaken by cheaters. They're simply not doing it.
Message 7 of 9 (464 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's only dead because cheaters are ruining the game for others, and they leave! 

Message 8 of 9 (463 Views)

Community Manager

As this is a 3 year old thread @Mollgrave I'm going to go ahead and close it off.

You can find all the info related to reported suspected cheats here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (431 Views)