Re: Why do the devs hate gdi?

by Shinerplunderer

Original Post

★ Guide

that the predator tank is supirior to anything earliegame is the biggest nonsense i ever heared (:

also never lost to it and i run no tank counter lineup at all ever. its just to slow and clumbsy and on top its a huge investment for such a low threat... btw i play in master so if it would be powerfull i would see it all day i guess but i only meet predators very rarely

Message 11 of 20 (529 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
that's because there is a difference between masters players who spam tech and tiberium players who spam predators Wink All the preds go to tib, and all the tech players are stuck in masters.
Message 12 of 20 (507 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Is that so? Ok lets do a quick count in tib league in cnc tv.

In tib league in cnc tv at the moment, i count a total of 20 gdi players, out of which, only 5 have the pred in their deck. Thats 25%.

Conversely, I count a total of 40 nod players, out of which 24 players have the scorp in their deck. Thats 60%.

Now you do the math about which one players find more useful. Oh wait I already did the math for you.

Btw, it is quite telling that there are only 20 gdi players in tib league cnc tv, while at the same time there are 40 nod players in tib league. This is indicative of which faction has more players in tib league. I rest my case.
Message 13 of 20 (475 Views)

★ Guide

I think GDI needs a major offensive re-haul. Btw is this post and the one above me necro? Maybe add something destructive, maybe have a suicide unit for GDI that's only purpose is to run into enemies and blow up. Maybe a small 12 tile snow flake damage radius would be nice. Units in the 6 adjacent tile would receive 100% damage whilst the ones one tile away will receive 40%. It seems though that this suggestion fits Nod more than GDI.

Message 14 of 20 (470 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Artriedes wrote:
Is that so? Ok lets do a quick count in tib league in cnc tv.

In tib league in cnc tv at the moment, i count a total of 20 gdi players, out of which, only 5 have the pred in their deck. Thats 25%.

Conversely, I count a total of 40 nod players, out of which 24 players have the scorp in their deck. Thats 60%.

Now you do the math about which one players find more useful. Oh wait I already did the math for you.

Btw, it is quite telling that there are only 20 gdi players in tib league cnc tv, while at the same time there are 40 nod players in tib league. This is indicative of which faction has more players in tib league. I rest my case.

So let me get this straight:

You took a comment 3 weeks ago after which was posted preds and scorps were nerfed and thus have seen diminished usage and based observations today to reflect on the meta 3 weeks ago, sound about right or am I missing anything? Haha. Tone down the aggro my friend, you are going to hurt yourself. 

First up, C&C TV is not an indicator of anything other than "this game was played recently" and does not indicate the number of gdi or nod games.

GDI meta is a little in limbo right now because they all relied on preds who got smacked with the nerf bat. While NOD rolled with it because scorpion were already meh, this was pretty devastating to most gdi players. So yea, players are playing their NOD armies a little more than their GDI counterparts because NOD is fun and still competitive where as GDI is pretty boring right now and struggles against the current splash air meta where their options are spam pitbull or spam talon. But NOD gets fun units like stealth tanks and phantoms. 

ALL that said, GDI tech is just as viable as it was before the nerfs as it is now. It works, and gets the occasional win condition, but the avatar is just better and more fun, so might as well play NOD tech. 

I won't be as edgy as you and leave you with a sarcastic remark, so enjoy your day =D 

Message 15 of 20 (461 Views)

★ Guide
lets see how it looks with the new gdi unit but i dont think it will make a big change. lets see
Message 16 of 20 (443 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
😊 Did my post come off as aggro? Im only replying to it now because Ive only come across it now. I had forgotten about that initial post but it was in an open tab in one of my devices in which i didn't use the browser in the last 3 weeks. When i opened the browser last night in that device, this thread popped up.

Id say the sarcasm was a bit warranted considering how vehemently you defend the devs and how biased you appear to be in their favor. You do appear blind in their favor a lot of times but i do agree with you a lot of times.

Its true that cnc tv isnt concrete data. But its the only indicator of trends that we have available at the moment. You could say it's a sample of the player pool. Although i will grant you the pool size is to small to be considered as polling data, but it's at least an indicator, i.e. the next best thing.

Lastly, you do appear to have somewhat agreed to my initial post, although very vaguely. Finally someone got battalia to kind of agree😁. Thanks for that. Nonetheless, i dont think the pred was ever that good as you make it out to be, even when it was 60tib. A clumsy and slowmoving unit which is the opposite of what you need in this game.
Message 17 of 20 (435 Views)

★ Guide

@thealcani wrote:
lets see how it looks with the new gdi unit but i dont think it will make a big change. lets see

I would sure want a new GDI unit after this. The Guardian, a bulkier cousin of the APC. It costs slightly more and can drop one of four units. Rifleman squad at 30%, Missile Squad at 25% and Shock-wave, grenadier and nothing at 15% each. The 15% nothing chance is that either there is no infantry inside or the squad died as the vehicle exploded. Scarabs anyone, would turn the guardian into a smoldering husk with charred infantry as a side dish.

Message 18 of 20 (432 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
It's too early to tell if the pred has lost it's crown, but bikerushownz the current #1 player doesn't think so. He is cloning nothing but preds and is only a few days away from level 15 predators. *sigh* If I was to exclude preds, then I'd say the current best unit in the game is pitbulls. Raider plus the ability to shoot air and land vehicles is strong. But a shout out to my personal fav unit the stealth tank.

As far as blindly favouring the devs? Nah. They do lots of silly things that I hate. Levels in blitz/champions? Really? Also most of the bundles and pricing have me keeping my purse closed, which is kinda frustrating since I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks here and there but rivals seems to not really respect my dollar. But now I'm going off topic. Do I blindly side with the devs? No. But do I make posts blinded by rage from patch notes before seeing how things shake up? Also no =p
Message 19 of 20 (417 Views)

★ Guide

I personally agree that GDI has become weak. I think drone swarm needs a buff. I think 4 drone's aren't enough to stall a single anit-air. A pitbull would take longer to shoot it than the talon right? Same can be said for the zone trooper, pair this with the talon and if the zone trooper focuses on the drone first, it should keel over. I think it needs either another drone or stronger attack.

Message 20 of 20 (396 Views)