Why do levels have to be so powerful?

by Trolloween

Original Post

Why do levels have to be so powerful?

★ Guide

Is there a single argument for the current system of having levels completely break the game? Why can't levels make a fraction of the current difference? You'd still get whales paying for the biggest advantage they can but it would mean that the 90% of games where you're at least one level apart aren't either totally hollow victories or frustrating. 

Literally no one wants levels in this game apart from the very few who don't care how they win, which are the same as people who would cheat in online games. It's a tiny fraction of the gaming community. 

It's boring to lose when you're behind in levels, it's boring to win when you're ahead. 

Please fix this before even more people get bored and leave the game.

I love this game but levels consistently ruin it. At the very least just make it so the higher the level, the less difference it makes to stats. Anyone arguing it makes no difference, please show me a replay of you beating a lvl 15 sandstorm with lvl 10 units. 

Message 1 of 5 (500 Views)

Re: Why do levels have to be so powerful?

Community Manager

@Trolloween wrote:

Literally no one wants levels in this game apart from the very few who don't care how they win, which are the same as people who would cheat in online games. It's a tiny fraction of the gaming community. 

Seriously though, can we tone down the rhetoric a bit? 

EACade
Message 2 of 5 (489 Views)

The levels are there to make you pay. From a business standpoint, it would be suicidal to make them meaningless. 

With that said, they could rework how system treats levels. If you don’t go down in leagues after every month, you wouldn’t be facing level 11 units in Diamond League by people who lose on purpose to kick around other players. The first couple of months when this game came out, things were where they were supposed to be. You didn’t see level 10 units until you hit Masters. Level 11 units were at High Masters and Tiberium only. 

But because you keep getting pushed down a league every month, people abuse the system and purposely don’t advance to the next league so that they can use advancing players as whipping boys for their own amusement. 

If every month nothing changed, as you move up, you would only encounter people with units the same level as you or maybe one higher. The way it is now, you are facing units that are sometimes 4 levels above yours. 

EA can also fix this by lowering the level caps when you go down a season but they won’t do it to force you to pay. 

Message 3 of 5 (471 Views)

★ Guide

Well I think my statement is correct, I have seen a lot of feedback from people at all levels saying they enjoy even levels way more.

I only point this out because I like this game and everyone says it's going to die within a year. I really don't want it to die, I think it can be saved by fixing the issues that are pointed out again and again. So yeah I can tone it down, but I probably won't so just ban me when I have said it too many times and then wait for the next person to point out an obvious way of increasing player retention and probably EA profits in the meantime. 

Message 4 of 5 (462 Views)

★★★★ Guide
get rid of the unit lvls its plain and simple esp with these races
Message 5 of 5 (403 Views)